Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Codeshare and United Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by haddon90
from what i have heard...UA will not give you miles or status with an HP flightfund #
Makes sense.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Right, but...

from what i have heard...UA will not give you miles or status with an HP flightfund #
I understand that. But, technically, this is a US flight that happens to be on UA metal, so shouldn't US' policies apply? At least as far as mileage accrual goes, if not any other part of the process. It's funny, but the FF Elite desk person I spoke to yesterday didn't know the answer to this either and couldn't look up my US reservation, so he transferred me over to a DM Elite desk person who looked up my reservation, confirmed that my FF # was loaded in and said I should be set, so I'm thinking that it might just work. We'll see and I'll save my stubs to at least make sure I get my miles (if not in FF, then in DM).

Of course, if the DM folks could just address my status match, then the issue would be moot.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Malthus,

You have a pretty strong case to get the miles but whether or not that will yield E+ seating is to be seen.

What I would suggest you do is call USAirways reservations, emphasize that you are HP silver and see if they will assign you E+ seating on UA. US CAN assign/request seats on UA and you would have a better chance with US reservations than UA res or at the airport.

Originally Posted by mallthus
I understand that. But, technically, this is a US flight that happens to be on UA metal, so shouldn't US' policies apply? At least as far as mileage accrual goes, if not any other part of the process. It's funny, but the FF Elite desk person I spoke to yesterday didn't know the answer to this either and couldn't look up my US reservation, so he transferred me over to a DM Elite desk person who looked up my reservation, confirmed that my FF # was loaded in and said I should be set, so I'm thinking that it might just work. We'll see and I'll save my stubs to at least make sure I get my miles (if not in FF, then in DM).

Of course, if the DM folks could just address my status match, then the issue would be moot.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS & MM, UC Lifetime, Hertz Prez Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Plat
Does US air become the best Star Alliance mileage focus option?

does anybody know when UA MP members can earn miles on HP? or has that not been announced yet. thanks!
I am waiting for this too. I have trips starting on HP early in the year, and then a split of US and UA trips for the rest of the year just squeaking by to silver. I am thinking the safe thing to do is to shift to accumulating my miles on US. Also the elite upgrades seem more generous.

With the HP merger, what are the new tradeoffs between accumulating miles and status on United vs. US Airways?
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:42 am

I am planning a trip from PHL to ANC this summer. Now, choices re HP for the most part, or US from PHL>SFO and then a leg on UA from SFO to ANC. I just booked the flights (for 2) and upgraded with miles for the US legs (return is VAN>SEA on ALaska and then SEA>PHL on US). Can I upgrade as a US3 to something better on UA? I don't think it's a code-share flight. I actually have a paper ticket since there is no electronic ticketing agreement with Alaskan Airlines.

Thanks, Jane in PHL
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by JanePond
I am planning a trip from PHL to ANC this summer. Now, choices re HP for the most part, or US from PHL>SFO and then a leg on UA from SFO to ANC. I just booked the flights (for 2) and upgraded with miles for the US legs (return is VAN>SEA on ALaska and then SEA>PHL on US). Can I upgrade as a US3 to something better on UA? I don't think it's a code-share flight. I actually have a paper ticket since there is no electronic ticketing agreement with Alaskan Airlines.

Thanks, Jane in PHL
On UA you can get a Economy+ seat. I booked my ticket via US's website and was able to pick a seat up in E+, then called UA to confirm it.

regards,

Mike
Old Dec 18, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by mallthus
I understand that. But, technically, this is a US flight that happens to be on UA metal, so shouldn't US' policies apply? At least as far as mileage accrual goes, if not any other part of the process.
incorrect. US does not have any "flights" of their own on UA metal. UA metal flights are UA flights, and HP has no stance with UA. Just because US has a flight #, doesn't mean HP members can get the same benefits.

Now, on a seperate issue. I heard that UA MP members will be able to start accruing on january 1. is this true?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
How about using a United systemwide upgrade (not a 500-mile e-upgrade)? I am a US CP with a UA ticket for UA metal to Hawaii; can I accrue Dividend Miles but use one of those upgrades?

E+ is good, but United First would be great!

Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
How about using a United systemwide upgrade (not a 500-mile e-upgrade)? I am a US CP with a UA ticket for UA metal to Hawaii; can I accrue Dividend Miles but use one of those upgrades?

E+ is good, but United First would be great!

Thanks.
Hope you mean a CR-1 since a SWU would be wasted on the flight to Hawaii. You can put your DM number on the record, and then sponsor yourself out of your own MP account (assuming that's where the certs are). You could also use your MP account on the itinerary, request the upgrade and then switch to the DM number at the airport. Not sure of any impact on the return if that is also upgraded from the MP account and the # is no longer on the record (make sure you at least have the # with you).
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:30 am

AP Travel on United . . Upgrade possiblity?

I am planning a flight to NRT on UA w/ an economy ticket. I think I can get E+, but was wondering if there is anyway to upgrade to business class as a US CP . . . I have a sneaky feeling that hell no is the answer . . however, one never knows until you ask . . .

Thanks,

William
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Thanks for the UA upgrade info above, which was exactly right.

Has anyone dealt with this scenario before:

UA ticket for a US-operated flight, bought through a cheap Internet travel agent. The travel agent's webpage allowed only a UA MP number to be put in the reservation; I wanted to put in my US Dividend Miles number. UA reservations says to call US; US reservations says to call UA. Who do I call to put my US number in the reservation?

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:09 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Exclamation Policies Revised Again

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Just noticed that US has put up two pages on their web site that explains this much better than in the past. The links are.....
Upgrading on United
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_dm_on_ua.htm

Upgrading on US Airways for Mileage Plus members
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_mp_on_us.htm
Updated Policies Effective May 21, 2006 and associated URLs:
Go First (Day of Travel Upgrades for all Passengers)
Dividend Miles Members Upgrading on United
First Class Mileage Upgrades
Hawaii Upgrades
Preferred Upgrades (DM Elite Members)
Complimentary Upgrades to/from Hawaii/Europe (Chairman's Preferred members only)

Last edited by Mrp Alert; May 23, 2006 at 12:30 am
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
All excellent information, everyone - thanks!

I have a United ticket with three segments - all of which are on US flights. Given all of the recent changes, am I correct that as a CP I can still upgrade myself and a companion, but can only do it on the day of departure? Or are there any other ways to upgrade?

Thanks for the help!!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
OK, so why can I get a United code share flight to Sydney or Tokyo on the US website but not a flight to SFO.
Old May 4, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Question

Was told in the RCC yesterday that for Silvers, upgrade kits are now $325; you must be gold and up to get the $200 price.

Of course no reflection of this on the US website.

Can anyone confirm?

Thank you in advance,
Lewis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.