Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Codeshare and United Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:15 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
One the day of, it's as if you were on the list for a regular upgrade. UA issued tickets carry no more juice than US issued tickets--it's status teir with the tie broken by time of check-in.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:01 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Just noticed that US has put up two pages on their web site that explains this much better than in the past. The links are.....
Upgrading on United
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_dm_on_ua.htm

Upgrading on US Airways for Mileage Plus members
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_mp_on_us.htm
Old Oct 31, 2004, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Just noticed that US has put up two pages on their web site that explains this much better than in the past. The links are.....
Upgrading on United
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_dm_on_ua.htm

Upgrading on US Airways for Mileage Plus members
http://usairways.com/dividendmiles/p...s_mp_on_us.htm
Wow!!! 500 mile upgrades are $50 each on UAL but only $40 each on U. Thank you US Airways!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA MM, DL MM
OK, I have tried to find it, but where does it explain that a US1 - US3 traveling on UA stock on US metal may only upgrade on day of departure. There are three upgrade links on usairways.com:

1) E-upgrades for US members on US operated flights.

2) Upgrades for US members on UA operated flights.

3) Upgrades for UA members on US operated flights.

It seems to me that since the flight is operated by US, the window should be the normal US1, US2 or US3 window and controlled by #1. It also makes sense since US gets the revenue when they operate the flight even if it is UA stock. Is it possible that US is simply confused by #2 and #3 as they relate to the codeshare??

Thanks,

CWPFLY

Last edited by cwpfly; Nov 15, 2004 at 9:28 pm
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by cwpfly
OK, I have tried to find it, but where does it explain that a US1 - US3 traveling on UA stock on US metal may only upgrade on day of departure. There are three upgrade links on usairways.com:

1) E-upgrades for US members on US operated flights.

2) Upgrades for US members on UA operated flights.

3) Upgrades for UA members on US operated flights.

It seems to me that since the flight is operated by US, the window should be the normal US1, US2 or US3 window and controlled by #1. It also makes sense since US gets the revenue when they operate the flight even if it is UA stock. Is it possible that US is simply confused by #2 and #3 as they relate to the codeshare??

Thanks,

CWPFLY
Scenario #1 is handled exactly the same way as if you purchased a US ticket. Just make sure to call US to request the upgrades/waitlist and it will clear at the normal windows.

-JC
Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by jcooke
Scenario #1 is handled exactly the same way as if you purchased a US ticket. Just make sure to call US to request the upgrades/waitlist and it will clear at the normal windows.

-JC

I retract my own statement. It seems that I've been given the special treatment on upgrading my past UA ticket/US metal flights, or so says Res. I tried to get on the waitlist for my latest US flight (UA ticket) and I got to listen to a 5 minute word-by-word, no-breather-inbetween explanation on how it is. But then she (the Res Sup) even said there was no defined policy on it, it was just the way it stands. I've also looked and I can't find any specific policy on this scenario on the US website.

Burns me up... There's no reason that US members flying US metal on a DM# shouldn't be able to waitlist for upgrades.... sigh.....

-JC

Last edited by jcooke; Nov 27, 2004 at 8:16 pm
Old Dec 1, 2004, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Yes. You must have received special treatment because res agents have always been very quick to tell me that when you are on a UA ticket on US metal, you can only request the upgrade at the airport on the day of departure.

On UA tickets on US metal, US only receives a fraction of the revenue so I guess they want to reward those who gave them 100% of the revenue first.

Originally Posted by jcooke

I retract my own statement. It seems that I've been given the special treatment on upgrading my past UA ticket/US metal flights, or so says Res. I tried to get on the waitlist for my latest US flight (UA ticket) and I got to listen to a 5 minute word-by-word, no-breather-inbetween explanation on how it is. But then she (the Res Sup) even said there was no defined policy on it, it was just the way it stands. I've also looked and I can't find any specific policy on this scenario on the US website.

Burns me up... There's no reason that US members flying US metal on a DM# shouldn't be able to waitlist for upgrades.... sigh.....

-JC
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Yes. You must have received special treatment because res agents have always been very quick to tell me that when you are on a UA ticket on US metal, you can only request the upgrade at the airport on the day of departure.

On UA tickets on US metal, US only receives a fraction of the revenue so I guess they want to reward those who gave them 100% of the revenue first.
Special treatment prevailed again.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:45 pm

Programs: US1
I don't get it JC. Why don't you just buy the US ticket? US really needs the money badly. Unless the price difference is really the big difference here.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
I don't get it JC. Why don't you just buy the US ticket? US really needs the money badly. Unless the price difference is really the big difference here.
Had to burn a UA voucher before it expired at the end of this month, otherwise I would have bought the US ticket.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
UA ticket; AC Metal; *A Bennies/ Dividend Miles on AC?

Here's a scenario I could not seem to find in any of the searches I did. (Search feature appears to be back up, by the way.)

I'm taking an Alaskan cruise in August, which departs from YVR and returns from ANC. I'm looking at booking a UA ticket to fly LAX-YVR, and ANC-LAX. The LAX-YVR portion would be on Air Canada metal. The flight back from Anchorage would be on UA metal. Can I earn US miles for the AC leg, and would my *A status be recognized on AC if it's a UA ticket?
Old Oct 16, 2005, 12:13 pm

Although US elite only get to upgrade on day of departure with UA regardless of the ticketing stock, it is awesome that CHairman's go to the top of the list. THe only people that can beat you out is the 1Kers -- thats nice
Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA1K
does anybody know when UA MP members can earn miles on HP? or has that not been announced yet. thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
HP Status on UA Metal with US Flight #

OK. I looked but couldn't find this one.

I'm Silver on HP, non-elite on US and UA.

I have an upcoming trip on UA metal with US flight numbers to which I've successfully attached my Flightfund account number.

I'm not hoping for a real upgrade, just to be confirmed in E+ without paying extra for the privilege.

Will this go through or do I need to do something else?

I've already tried to fax over a request for status match (which would solve the issue once and for all) but I've never been able to get a working fax number (I've now tried three numbers, including one that I got from a DM call center staffer).

HELP!!!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: UA1K
from what i have heard...UA will not give you miles or status with an HP flightfund #

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.