Wiki Posts
Search

Bird Strike Redux

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Bird Strike Redux

From today's Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel - the flight # is wrong (it's 1221, I take it often enough to know)...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,1784374.story
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Harvey was texting in flight. that's worthy of a paddlin'
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

"It was scary. You always hear about birds causing crashes, and in this case there was no Capt. Sully," he said, referring to Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, the heroic US Airways pilot who landed his craft safely in the Hudson River following a bird strike in 2009."

But in FL they have plenty of open space. Sully was navigating with BOTH engines down over NYC. I can see why this guy is sport reporter. He describes everything with drama
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Yes - we should not forget Captain Sully's incredible professional response in a time of great crisis. He is definitely a hero in my book.

However, the pilot of Flight 1221 is also to be commended for landing his plane and passengers safely after a bird strike took out an engine. Let's not discount his skill and professionalism in handling this particular situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.