Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-200: New Envoy Seats [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the suites on my LHR-PHL and PHL-LHR sectors next week!
If you want a sampling of the 332, US has been running a new config 332 on the mid-morning PHL-SJU route. Not sure if its in the summer schedule, but it was in early May...
Old May 27, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by ITRADE
If you want a sampling of the 332, US has been running a new config 332 on the mid-morning PHL-SJU route. Not sure if its in the summer schedule, but it was in early May...
Thanks for the advice. Being based in Ireland, PHL-SJU is not really an easy option for me . That's why I booked LHR-PHL-CLT-TPA and back in Envoy. That and the fact that I'll comfortably reach BD*G with those flights. Looking forward to it!
Old May 27, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K - AA EXP - Avis CC - Hertz Plat - Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fwdlink
Non-Suite Aircraft Whereabouts

Just a quick update to my last, it appears N281AY has been on the CLT-CDG run everyday since the 16th of May!

N283AY has been in and out of MUC in the past week rotating with PHL-CDG.
That is not what I wanted to hear. Hopefully by August that will change.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:56 am

Is it too early to find out which aircraft is due to operate LHR-PHL on Saturday and PHL-LHR on Sunday? I'm itching to know whether I'll get the new seats and the US website still showing the seat map for the old config is not helping . Cheers!
Old May 31, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Smile

Is it too early to find out which aircraft is due to operate LHR-PHL on Saturday and PHL-LHR on Sunday? I'm itching to know whether I'll get the new seats and the US website still showing the seat map for the old config is not helping . Cheers!
Yeah, you need to wait until 48 hours, to the minute, that's when the seatmap will adjust for the scheduled aircraft. N281AY flew on LHR on the 30th and N283AY flew it on the 20th, for the most part LHR is the new configuration, so you should have pretty good luck!
Old May 31, 2010, 6:26 am

Yeah, you need to wait until 48 hours, to the minute, that's when the seatmap will adjust for the scheduled aircraft. N281AY flew on LHR on the 30th and N283AY flew it on the 20th, for the most part LHR is the new configuration, so you should have pretty good luck!
Cool. Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure it was too early to find out but thought it was worth asking. I'll be checking the seat map at midday on Thursday then to see if it changes!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:29 pm

The seat map is still showing the old config with every seat taken but a note above it says "We are unable to display the seat map for this flight. You will be assigned seats at the airport" even though I have seats assigned. This is the same for the outbound and the return flights. Should I begin to be cautiously optimistic?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: LH FTL
I will be flying from MUC to PHL tomorrow. Seat map changed 48 hrs before departure to the new Envoy configuration.

Edit: now sitting in the new suites. I have to say, this is the best C product I have seen so far. :-) For those who are interested in the technical details: US707 MUC-PHL, tail number N284AY.

Regards,
Harpreet

Last edited by Harpreet; Jun 4, 2010 at 4:02 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:03 am

Yeah, you need to wait until 48 hours, to the minute, that's when the seatmap will adjust for the scheduled aircraft.
The seat map has just adjusted to show the new configuration . It still says that the seat map is unavailable but I have a seat assigned anyway. Looking forward to my trip in the suites!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:04 am

Thumbs up

The seat map has just adjusted to show the new configuration . It still says that the seat map is unavailable but I have a seat assigned anyway. Looking forward to my trip in the suites!
Very cool, enjoy it and have a great time on your trip , the weather here in Europe for the weekend is absolutely fantastic, though the coming week is going to be a bit dicey again
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:09 am

Introducing the Envoy Suite

Just had this in from US - Looks like they are trying to comitt themselves to the LHR, CDG and TLV routes, ALSO they mention all 330-200's will be suites by November, finally the lottery will close! Funny though, think they are really comitting to PHL only, as CLT-CDG is still running N281AY around 95% in the last 3 weeks.

FROM US:

Introducing the Envoy Suite
Now on most flights to Tel Aviv, London Heathrow and Paris
Remarkably comfortable, peaceful and private, our new Envoy Suite will transform the way you travel internationally. Instead of simply reclining, your seat becomes a fully flat bed so you're free to enjoy your next flight – or sleep right through it.

The Envoy Suite is designed so everything you need is right at your fingertips:

Relax with a library of movies, music and games on demand.
Work through your flight with a 110-volt universal power outlet and USB port.
Enjoy plenty of storage and easy access to everything you need – from your reading glasses to your laptop case.
Sleep, work or relax with more of the personal space you want. You'll arrive refreshed and ready to do business. Look for the Envoy Suite on most of our Airbus A330-200s, with all aircraft complete by November 2010.

Find out more about the Envoy Suite's innovative design.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:38 pm

Very cool, enjoy it and have a great time on your trip , the weather here in Europe for the weekend is absolutely fantastic, though the coming week is going to be a bit dicey again
Thanks. I'm in the US lounge in PHL now. Just arrived from LHR in the Envoy suite. It was really nice and the crew were awesome! I've got their names and will be e-mailing US to say how fab they were. Just goes to show that if you go in with the right attitude, the crew respond. Looking forward to my flights to CLT and TPA this evening and hoping I get the Envoy suite for my return tomorrow night. The seat map is still showing the old config but I'm going to ask at the club reception because it says that the seat map cannot be displayed at all. Fingers crossed for the new seats for the overnight flight!

Update: The girls at the club are still seeing the old config too . They did say that it can change on the day of departure though. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by gpb_croppers63; Jun 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I fly 4 TATL flights a month (typically CLT-LGW, but occassionally something else) and get the "your seat map cannot be displayed" quite often, even when its showing the seat map. Definitely don't give up hope on the suites until day of. With the email that went out they definitely sound like they're going to be doing everything they can to get the suites on the PHL-LHR route.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by treznor
I fly 4 TATL flights a month (typically CLT-LGW, but occassionally something else) and get the "your seat map cannot be displayed" quite often, even when its showing the seat map. Definitely don't give up hope on the suites until day of. With the email that went out they definitely sound like they're going to be doing everything they can to get the suites on the PHL-LHR route.
Yeah I won't give up hope until I'm on the aircraft and see the old seats . I've asked a couple of club agents and all of them still see the old config so I'm not too optimistic at the moment!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:57 am

Quick update: I checked my reservation online just now and the seat map has changed . The girls in the TPA club have changed my seat to 1A which is cool. Really looking forward to hopefully getting a good sleep in the suite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.