Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-200: New Envoy Seats [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: US, HHonors, QANTAS
Originally Posted by ITRADE
The 332 has a dedicated crew rest compartment that is between the cockpit and the forward galley. I got a tour of it from a FA on my CLT-SJU trip.

The seat maps on the 332 config 1 and 2 mix the seats up. The only true guaranteed seats are the windows - A and H (F is on both configs but in a different place as noted below). You could book two behind each other and be guaranteed no chance of a seat assignment scramble - say 1A and 2A.

You could also book F and H since they're both used on both configs. However, on the old 332 config, F is an interior aisle and there is a seat "G" that is between F and and H (the window).

Thanks Itrade (and Flight62 - couldn't figure out how to quote your response also). Looks like I will have to wait for OLCI tomorrow to see if we have the new config and will try for C-F, but honestly with waiting to see if we would even be going due to the volcano, we will be happy just to be on the plane!

I think my understanding is that there are 20 seats under both the new and old configs, but only 19 are available for booking, as one is kept for pilot rest.

I will take some photos and plan on writing a trip report. One thing I found difficult to find was the menu for TATL Envoy, so will try to write that down and/or take a photo of the menu.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K - AA EXP - Avis CC - Hertz Plat - Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CLTAussie
Thanks Itrade (and Flight62 - couldn't figure out how to quote your response also). Looks like I will have to wait for OLCI tomorrow to see if we have the new config and will try for C-F, but honestly with waiting to see if we would even be going due to the volcano, we will be happy just to be on the plane!

I think my understanding is that there are 20 seats under both the new and old configs, but only 19 are available for booking, as one is kept for pilot rest.

I will take some photos and plan on writing a trip report. One thing I found difficult to find was the menu for TATL Envoy, so will try to write that down and/or take a photo of the menu.
According to seat guru there 24 seats in the old config and 20 in the new.

Crossing my fingers for my flight in August, yes I know I have a while to wait.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by I_Sue_Debt_Collectors
Based on that, I wonder what that means for my PHL-LHR flight on Saturday. Going to the US website, it's showing that flight sold out and not allowing anyone to buy tickets. However, if I go though my account to the seatmap, it's showing 3 open seats in Envoy. I wonder if there are 3 pax without seats or if they're not selling them because it's going to be switched to the aircraft with the pods.

Obviously I'm hopeful it's because it'll be switched to the new configuration.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: USAirways Dividend Miles

Look a few posts below and you'll find plenty of desriptions and some photos of the suite unfer the "Im flying the new envoy suite tonight" thread....
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: None
SeatGuru is wrong - there are 20 Envoy seats on the A332's (with one blocked for crew rest on TA flights).
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
SeatGuru is wrong - there are 20 Envoy seats on the A332's (with one blocked for crew rest on TA flights).
Huh SeatGuru shows 20 envoy seats in both configurations..they did miss the crew rest seat for TA flights, but otherwise nailed it..how is that wrong??
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by vincentvan
Huh SeatGuru shows 20 envoy seats in both configurations..they did miss the crew rest seat for TA flights, but otherwise nailed it..how is that wrong??
I think Jim was commenting on I_Sue_Debt_Collectors post saying that Seat Guru lists the new configuration with 20 Envoy seats and the original configuration at 24.

However, I just went to Seat Guru, and for version 1 of the 332, it looks like 24 Envoy seats.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by USPhilly
However, I just went to Seat Guru, and for version 1 of the 332, it looks like 24 Envoy seats.
It lists "20 seats" under the Seating Details but the diagram displays 24.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: US, HHonors, QANTAS
Just checked my seat assignments and we have the new configuration! As Itrade mentioned, seats are not guaranteed except A and H. Mrs CLTAussie remained in 3H and I was moved to 5F. Called the Gold line and was able to move to 2H. Hopefully that still works tonight when I OLCI.

US Philly - I wonder if those open seats are being held for people that have been stranded due to the volcano and they will upgrade some elite pax and fill Y to the brim.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by neotope
It lists "20 seats" under the Seating Details but the diagram displays 24.
Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I never even noticed that SG listed a number of seats.

US Philly - I wonder if those open seats are being held for people that have been stranded due to the volcano and they will upgrade some elite pax and fill Y to the brim.
^ to you getting the pods.

I figure there are people who are ticketed in F but have not yet been assigned a seat for whatever reason. I was hopeful based on the 20 v. 24 seats conversation but it wasn't true info. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by vincentvan
As others have already said, SeatGuru's diagram shows 4 rows of 2x2x2 for a total of 24 seats on the A332 with the old Envoy seats. It's actually 3 rows of 2x2x2 with one extra center row making it 20 seats.

Jim
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
As others have already said, SeatGuru's diagram shows 4 rows of 2x2x2 for a total of 24 seats on the A332 with the old Envoy seats. It's actually 3 rows of 2x2x2 with one extra center row making it 20 seats.

Jim
My mistake, though SeatGuru, in my universe, shows 2 versions of the A332..the first version shows 4 rows of 2 2 2 ( 24 total ), although up top it lists the AC as having 20 Envoy seats, the second version lists five rows of 1 2 1 for a total of 20. Perhaps, nothing more than a SeatGuru issue...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

On a side question to my original post, does US have a Club or Lounge in CLT? If so where is it located. We have a 6 hour layover there on our way to CDG.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
On a side question to my original post, does US have a Club or Lounge in CLT? If so where is it located. We have a 6 hour layover there on our way to CDG.
At least two clubs. One is located in Terminal D which is the International gate area.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ITRADE
At least two clubs. One is located in Terminal D which is the International gate area.
Thanks for the info I figured it being a hub they were bound to have at least one, but after about 5 mins on their website I gave up looking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.