FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   A330-200: New Envoy Seats [MASTER THREAD] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1076392-a330-200-new-envoy-seats-master-thread.html)

I_Sue_Debt_Collectors Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

A330-200: New Envoy Seats [MASTER THREAD]

My wife and I are going to Paris (clt-cdg) on 8/16 return on 8/25 and was wondering if anyone knows if they are flying the new envoy flat bed seats on that route.

I am new to USAirways and wasn't able to find anything on their website other than 5 out of 5 have been modified, which I know is not correct.

Also is there a way to check the seat map other than going through the flight reservation process?

Finally, has anyone flown clt-cdg recently? If so can you provide any insight to your flight experience.

Thanks in advance.

USPhilly Apr 20, 2010 6:40 pm

There are still 2 without the new Envoy seats. I'm not sure if there are any more expected deliveries with the new seats before you leave but that would obviously increase your chances.

From other posts here, the only way to tell is to check 24 hours before the flight to see if the seat map has changed as they don't change it before the 24 hour mark.

Either way, enjoy your trip! :)

flight62 Apr 20, 2010 7:50 pm

The same 330-200 has been going back and fort between Charlotte and Paris and so far have had the suites.;)

Markie Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 13812487)
The same 330-200 has been going back and fort between Charlotte and Paris and so far have had the suites.;)

Anyone know about LHR?

fwdlink Apr 21, 2010 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 13813734)
Anyone know about LHR?

Yes, LHR has been more consistent in the past month or two with the pods. However last Monday it was the old seats.

I_Sue_Debt_Collectors Apr 21, 2010 6:22 am

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 13812487)

Sweet, hopefully they will still be there in August. My chances are pretty good 5 out of 7, but with my luck they will change to the old seats just for my flight.

Does anyone know of a way to check the seat map other than going through the reservation process?

IADCAflyer Apr 21, 2010 7:29 am

Your chances are more likely to be 4/6. US flies a 332 down to SJU out of PHL these days. They have subbed in a 333 when the loads and cargo justify the larger plane....

The 332 suites are quite nice.

CLTAussie Apr 21, 2010 9:00 am

Great news about the suites! I am flying to CDG on Friday and will post back to let everyone know if we had the suites or not.

Does anyone know how many seats are in the new configuration? Seat guru shows 4 rows of 2-2-2, or 24 seats for the old configuration (which is different than the US Air seat map) and 5 rows of 1-2-1, so 20 seats. I want to make sure we won't get bumped out of Envoy as we are on award tickets...

We currently have seats 3G/H, which obviously won't be the same if we have the new configuration. Any recommendations for seats - probably in the middle as we would like to sit together.

Markie Apr 21, 2010 9:20 am

Originally Posted by fwdlink (Post 13814108)
Yes, LHR has been more consistent in the past month or two with the pods. However last Monday it was the old seats.

Thanks, doing OLCI it looks likes pods for tomorrow :)

IADCAflyer Apr 21, 2010 9:29 am

Originally Posted by CLTAussie (Post 13815615)
Great news about the suites! I am flying to CDG on Friday and will post back to let everyone know if we had the suites or not.

Does anyone know how many seats are in the new configuration? Seat guru shows 4 rows of 2-2-2, or 24 seats for the old configuration (which is different than the US Air seat map) and 5 rows of 1-2-1, so 20 seats. I want to make sure we won't get bumped out of Envoy as we are on award tickets...

We currently have seats 3G/H, which obviously won't be the same if we have the new configuration. Any recommendations for seats - probably in the middle as we would like to sit together.

Yah, the old config is 2-2-2...The new config is 1-2-1.

Come to think of it, the PHL-SJU-PHL turn is usually the old config, so perhaps your chances are actually higher than I guessed.

I flew the 1-2-1- config and the seats are identified (IIRC) as A-C-F-H.

C-F are good if you're travelling with a companion. A and H both face out towards the window.

1C and 1F are good choices in my opinion.

I_Sue_Debt_Collectors Apr 21, 2010 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CLTAussie (Post 13815615)

PLEASE do report back and let me know if you got the new seats or not and what you think of them. If you can take some pictures!

I am also worried about seat assignements and dont want to get bumped, also travel on miles. I called cust service to ask them if they knew if it was going to have the new seats or not and of course she didnt know. What she was able to tell me was that there were only 20 Envoy seats. Which to me means that it will have the new seats. Also the seat map, while the configuration is wrong, only shows 19 seats. I am thinking the 20th is for crew rest?

IADCAflyer Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am

Originally Posted by I_Sue_Debt_Collectors (Post 13816019)
PLEASE do report back and let me know if you got the new seats or not and what you think of them. If you can take some pictures!

I am also worried about seat assignements and dont want to get bumped, also travel on miles. I called cust service to ask them if they knew if it was going to have the new seats or not and of course she didnt know. What she was able to tell me was that there were only 20 Envoy seats. Which to me means that it will have the new seats. Also the seat map, while the configuration is wrong, only shows 19 seats. I am thinking the 20th is for crew rest?

The 332 has a dedicated crew rest compartment that is between the cockpit and the forward galley. I got a tour of it from a FA on my CLT-SJU trip.

The seat maps on the 332 config 1 and 2 mix the seats up. The only true guaranteed seats are the windows - A and H (F is on both configs but in a different place as noted below). You could book two behind each other and be guaranteed no chance of a seat assignment scramble - say 1A and 2A.

You could also book F and H since they're both used on both configs. However, on the old 332 config, F is an interior aisle and there is a seat "G" that is between F and and H (the window).

flight62 Apr 21, 2010 11:01 am

There is still a Biz Class Seat reserved for the pilots, hence the reason for 19 seats. While the f/a's would kill for the bunks the pilots have, the pilots have a seat in Biz because there are no reading lights or seats just to sit in the pilot crew rest room.

PHL Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 13815032)
Your chances are more likely to be 4/6. US flies a 332 down to SJU out of PHL these days. They have subbed in a 333 when the loads and cargo justify the larger plane....

But even if a 332 goes PHL-SJU-PHL, wouldn't it potentially normally continue onto Europe in the evening?

IADCAflyer Apr 21, 2010 1:06 pm

It might. 6:30 arrival into PHL. That'd give it a couple hours to make up a European turn, so yes, you're potentially correct.