Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Am I reading the T&C correctly? The flights just have to be operated by USAirways/Express and ticketed after promotion registration, but I'm not seeing anything that says they can't be ticketed as United codeshares operated by US?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....
I booked earlier today without registerring and just saw this. Made a call to US Airways and explained to them my reasoning and they cancelled and allowed me to rebook
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
In all these "double/triple" miles promos, do they normally give the bonus on actual or 500 minimum miles? If minimum miles get the double miles EQM bonus, while not as good as double segments, it is still better than just segments - 1000 miles per minimum segment is 25 segments to reach Silver (instead of 30), 50 to reach Gold (instead of 60), etc.

Jim
They gave me DEQMS based on the 500 min miles per segment last year I would expect the same this year.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Been gone for at least a couple of years.
Maybe I've just gotten luck with the right agents. I've explained my "mistakes" and it's worked. Today the first agent wouldn't do it and she transferred me to the Internet Desk and I explained that the I had booked before the promotion and I'd really like the DEQMS. The guy took care of it with no questions asked.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:40 pm

Ugh I just booked my flight to Madrid yesterday with the Mastercard promo and 2 domestic flights. Arg!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
I highly recommend that everyone print off any registration confirmation and save it. Last spring, US had another promo and many people on the forum had trouble actually getting the bonus miles.
Today, I signed up for the Mileathon promotion at CO. I received an e-mail confirmation of my registration...that is service. I just don't understand why the folks at Tempe can do the same thing!?!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Dang these airlines and the way they run these promotions. This is the third time in a just the last few weeks I have been burned or almost burned by the rules and timing of booking vs. the promotion. WN has run two promotions in the past few weeks offering double credits. In both cases I had booked a reservation 24 hours prior to the promotion starting but was flying within the travel window. Now, guess what. I booked a reservation with US 24 hours ago prior to receiving the email for this promotion. Grrr...... I did pull off one flight promotion with WN. I just cancelled and used the TTF to rebook. I actually got 6.5 credits for a PHX-LAX flight.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by r.brown
I wish it was segments as well, but for the goal of reaching 150 easier for free club membership. I am not sure if I will hit 150K miles this year with all my east coast travel.

I fly PIT-CLT-?? almost weekly as well.
I wish I would have received the 90 day Club promo. Didn't get that one, but I surely would have taken advantage of that one.

Not sure how many miles/segs I'll wind up with this year, but guessing north of 75K/100 segs and I'd consider rejoining the club.

Today is PIT-CLT-ATL at 1:40, but I have an E seat on both legs, so it's going to suck! The joys of booking last minute.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Can I book through Orbitz and still get the DEQM? I didn't see anything in the terms about this so I'm guessing its ok but just wanted to make sure.

I'm trying to do PHL-LAS-PHL but usairways.com won't let me book it because the turnaround in LAS is 57 minutes. Also, when booking through Orbitz will my reservation still show up in my DM profile and allow me to select preferred/exit seats?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by c_alt24
I'm trying to do PHL-LAS-PHL but usairways.com won't let me book it because the turnaround in LAS is 57 minutes. Also, when booking through Orbitz will my reservation still show up in my DM profile and allow me to select preferred/exit seats?

Yes to that question. As for your routing, did you try booking two separate one-way tickets? That often prices out the same as the round trip.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I feel your pain...I booked 2 RT's in consecutive weeks to BWI/SEA and BWI/LAX via the work travel agent, and then bammm, the double miles offer comes out....still will get the Platinum Preffered bonus, but it would have been nice to get those double miles...

Originally Posted by Diamondback
Dang these airlines and the way they run these promotions. This is the third time in a just the last few weeks I have been burned or almost burned by the rules and timing of booking vs. the promotion. WN has run two promotions in the past few weeks offering double credits. In both cases I had booked a reservation 24 hours prior to the promotion starting but was flying within the travel window. Now, guess what. I booked a reservation with US 24 hours ago prior to receiving the email for this promotion. Grrr...... I did pull off one flight promotion with WN. I just cancelled and used the TTF to rebook. I actually got 6.5 credits for a PHX-LAX flight.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by liveon777
I wish I would have received the 90 day Club promo. Didn't get that one, but I surely would have taken advantage of that one.
I just got mine this evening, for what it's worth.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Just booked a MR for early May.

R/t for about $290. About 8200 EQMs, and now here's to good juju to the upgrade Gnome.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Just booked a MR for early May.

R/t for about $290. About 8200 EQMs, and now here's to good juju to the upgrade Gnome.

Since you've already booked it, care to share?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
The only redeeming factor of my ZRH trip being canceled, is I can rebook on US and get DEQM's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.