FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:37 pm
shyam99

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I feel your pain...I booked 2 RT's in consecutive weeks to BWI/SEA and BWI/LAX via the work travel agent, and then bammm, the double miles offer comes out....still will get the Platinum Preffered bonus, but it would have been nice to get those double miles...

Originally Posted by Diamondback
Dang these airlines and the way they run these promotions. This is the third time in a just the last few weeks I have been burned or almost burned by the rules and timing of booking vs. the promotion. WN has run two promotions in the past few weeks offering double credits. In both cases I had booked a reservation 24 hours prior to the promotion starting but was flying within the travel window. Now, guess what. I booked a reservation with US 24 hours ago prior to receiving the email for this promotion. Grrr...... I did pull off one flight promotion with WN. I just cancelled and used the TTF to rebook. I actually got 6.5 credits for a PHX-LAX flight.