Search

Calling into USAir

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:07 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Calling into USAir

Unbelievable. . .tried calling 4 times today to redeem miles for an upcoming trip. After waiting (which I expected) had an agent tell me that he's too busy to deal with this and hung up. . .called back only to deal with Al the robot!

After 10 minutes and 25 seconds I didn't get anywhere except to be told that it would be faster to talk with the voicemail than a human being.

This is frustrating to say the least. . .who thought that trying to redeem miles would be this difficult (haven't even had a chance to talk with somebody to see if they can be redeemed)?!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Ldsant

Perhaps today was just not a good day to do that?

There are still cancelled and delayed USAir flights all over the place - I think they are busy trying to get people and their luggage where they belong
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jan_az
Ldsant

Perhaps today was just not a good day to do that?

There are still cancelled and delayed USAir flights all over the place - I think they are busy trying to get people and their luggage where they belong
while i understand that they are busy cleaning up their mess from this past weekend, that is no reason to ignore people looking to book travel. they should be happy people are still wanting to fly with them. its customer service issues like this that are going to run this airline into the ground
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:53 am

Programs: US1
Originally Posted by ldsant
Unbelievable. . .tried calling 4 times today to redeem miles for an upcoming trip. After waiting (which I expected) had an agent tell me that he's too busy to deal with this and hung up. . .called back only to deal with Al the robot!

After 10 minutes and 25 seconds I didn't get anywhere except to be told that it would be faster to talk with the voicemail than a human being.

This is frustrating to say the least. . .who thought that trying to redeem miles would be this difficult (haven't even had a chance to talk with somebody to see if they can be redeemed)?!
Talk with the DMSC maybe you will get some where with them.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I almost hate to suggest this, but is this something you could try booking on the website? Of course there are ANY NUMBER of reasons why it may not be possible, but if it was a simple domestic roundtrip for you on US metal, it might be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.