Latest Envoy Class Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Latest Envoy Class Experiences

Hi guys,

It's my first post. I'd like to know about your latest experiences in Envoy Class. US Airways Consumer Affairs Dept told me that the amenity kits are back in Envoy, can anyone confirm this? Is the meal service still the same 3-course meal consisting of a small appetizer, 3 hot choices and an express meal option, and the tiny cheese plate with a small sweet tart? On my last flight, I noticed that they are now giving chocolates in Envoy Class on outbound flights to Europe, and a mid-flight ice cream snack on return flights from Europe. I did do a search about the latest meals in Envoy Class, but there was no description of the cheese/dessert plate. Is it just me or it is rather odd that they give cheesecake or freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert in domestic first class, but no real dessert in Envoy Class????? Has anyone experienced the former cheesecake and/or opera cake choices that US Airways used to offer in Envoy Class recently? Lastly, how has the attitude of the cabin crew been? Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2004, 5:14 am

Check out this thread from last month. They do serve chocolate cake in the dessert going over and a chocolate dessert on the way back.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368714
Old Dec 11, 2004, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I just returned from PHL-LGW-PHL. The service over was exceptional--the crew delightful. I chose sleep over dinner at 9:30pm so can't comment on the food but made a minor "off the menu" request for breakfast, which required minimal effort, and had it waiting for me when I woke up.

The return crew was perfectly nice but nothing in comparison. Food was good and I recall a chocolate-like item for dessert. We also had the mid-flight ice cream and, my favorite, the pre-landing pizza and salad.

Both flights were sold out--good for US!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:15 am

Programs: UA, US
From FRA to CLT, we had the full 3 course meals plus icecream, cheese and cracker plates, pre-landing pizza and salad, etc and we even got chocolates and the amenity kits. The FA's were pretty nice also. So I would guess they're back from the look of it.

Added comment: I dont know about the return leg back to Europe as I was on Lufthansa.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Re: nuttymamma's comments

Thanks for your reply. One question though, did you find Lufthansa's Business Class to be superior over US Airways' Envoy Class? I hear many complaints that the old Lufthansa Business Class seats are not comfortable and leg room is only 48 inches. I have only flown Lufthansa in First Class, which was really nice. Let us know.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:02 am

Programs: AA-Gold, HH-Gold VIP, Hyatt-Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Latest Envoy Trip

Hi all - just an update. Flew PHL-LGW last Friday and will be doing LGW-CLT this Friday. Envoy has definitely improved since 1 yr ago. F/A's started with predeparture drinks and no shortage of them :-) Once airborne, dinner was served. Linen table covers & tray covers, all china & glass, the metal-looking silverware & heavy paper type napkin still. Food was EXCELLENT. No amenity kit on this trip, but they put the cabin lights off pretty quickly following dinner & I was able to sleep fairly well. Will let you know about the return. Oh - dinner was served off carts again - I hadn't seen that for a while. Service was also excellent - I dropped a comment card to CA for the great service our F/A's provided.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I flew envoy to FRA on 11/23 and had little blue bags full of stuff with the USairways logo on it.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:49 am

Programs: AA-Gold, HH-Gold VIP, Hyatt-Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Return Envoy Trip

Originally Posted by ednursevt
Hi all - just an update. Flew PHL-LGW last Friday and will be doing LGW-CLT this Friday. Envoy has definitely improved since 1 yr ago. F/A's started with predeparture drinks and no shortage of them :-) Once airborne, dinner was served. Linen table covers & tray covers, all china & glass, the metal-looking silverware & heavy paper type napkin still. Food was EXCELLENT. No amenity kit on this trip, but they put the cabin lights off pretty quickly following dinner & I was able to sleep fairly well. Will let you know about the return. Oh - dinner was served off carts again - I hadn't seen that for a while. Service was also excellent - I dropped a comment card to CA for the great service our F/A's provided.
And, back from LGW-CLT on Christmas Eve. WOW! I am glad I went to CLT & not PHL from the other posts I was reading about the meltdown there. F/A's on this return trip were excellent as well. Food again was very high quality & well presented with linens, glassware, and service from carts. Plenty of alcohol available and ice cream served as a dessert. For a near arrival snack they served great little pizzas & salads. They did provide an amenity kit on the way back to the US.

All in all, a most enjoyable trip & my flights were on time. There was a little delay getting my CLT-MHT connection due to the inbound flight being late. F/A's said they were late as the PHL nightmare slowed EVERYTHING down systemwide.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 3:08 pm

My recent Envoy

Originally Posted by ednursevt
I flew to LGW for a MR recently and had a mixed experience. On the way over, flight attendants were depressed as anything and service was lackluster. The return, I was somehow complimentary upgraded (no miles in bank, lowly silver here) and got Envoy. I suspect it had something to do with the fact that our 330 downgraded to a 767 and ran out of coach seats.

Back on subject, I had excellent service. Unlike you, unfortunately, I did receive the amenity kit with goodies. The food kept rolling in. After main meal services, the guys left the snack/beverage cart by 1L and we were free to visit whenever we wanted. This was welcome as I do not like to bother with simple requests. I gave out three certificates of excellence. Envoy is highly recommended nowadays.

Happy New Year,
Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.