FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latest Envoy Class Experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2004, 3:08 pm
tpowaleny

My recent Envoy

Originally Posted by ednursevt
Hi all - just an update. Flew PHL-LGW last Friday and will be doing LGW-CLT this Friday. Envoy has definitely improved since 1 yr ago. F/A's started with predeparture drinks and no shortage of them :-) Once airborne, dinner was served. Linen table covers & tray covers, all china & glass, the metal-looking silverware & heavy paper type napkin still. Food was EXCELLENT. No amenity kit on this trip, but they put the cabin lights off pretty quickly following dinner & I was able to sleep fairly well. Will let you know about the return. Oh - dinner was served off carts again - I hadn't seen that for a while. Service was also excellent - I dropped a comment card to CA for the great service our F/A's provided.
I flew to LGW for a MR recently and had a mixed experience. On the way over, flight attendants were depressed as anything and service was lackluster. The return, I was somehow complimentary upgraded (no miles in bank, lowly silver here) and got Envoy. I suspect it had something to do with the fact that our 330 downgraded to a 767 and ran out of coach seats.

Back on subject, I had excellent service. Unlike you, unfortunately, I did receive the amenity kit with goodies. The food kept rolling in. After main meal services, the guys left the snack/beverage cart by 1L and we were free to visit whenever we wanted. This was welcome as I do not like to bother with simple requests. I gave out three certificates of excellence. Envoy is highly recommended nowadays.

Happy New Year,
Tim