FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latest Envoy Class Experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:49 am
ednursevt

Programs: AA-Gold, HH-Gold VIP, Hyatt-Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Return Envoy Trip

Originally Posted by ednursevt
Hi all - just an update. Flew PHL-LGW last Friday and will be doing LGW-CLT this Friday. Envoy has definitely improved since 1 yr ago. F/A's started with predeparture drinks and no shortage of them :-) Once airborne, dinner was served. Linen table covers & tray covers, all china & glass, the metal-looking silverware & heavy paper type napkin still. Food was EXCELLENT. No amenity kit on this trip, but they put the cabin lights off pretty quickly following dinner & I was able to sleep fairly well. Will let you know about the return. Oh - dinner was served off carts again - I hadn't seen that for a while. Service was also excellent - I dropped a comment card to CA for the great service our F/A's provided.
And, back from LGW-CLT on Christmas Eve. WOW! I am glad I went to CLT & not PHL from the other posts I was reading about the meltdown there. F/A's on this return trip were excellent as well. Food again was very high quality & well presented with linens, glassware, and service from carts. Plenty of alcohol available and ice cream served as a dessert. For a near arrival snack they served great little pizzas & salads. They did provide an amenity kit on the way back to the US.

All in all, a most enjoyable trip & my flights were on time. There was a little delay getting my CLT-MHT connection due to the inbound flight being late. F/A's said they were late as the PHL nightmare slowed EVERYTHING down systemwide.