Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade exchange question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2001, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade exchange question

Hey all--lurked for a while, now I have a(probably dumb) question: Made CP (1st elite status ever) this year (a/o 14 Dec). I have a wad of unused NAU's which I intend to exchange per para. 14 on the coupon back. This says you can get either 500 miles or "the award value, as applicable." Can someone explain what that award value is, if any? Or are the NAU's exchangeable for 500 miles only?

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wouldn't the award be an upgrade seat?
Old Dec 19, 2001, 5:51 pm

Programs: DM,A+,UAMP,PriorityClub,WNRR
As a Gold/Silver res rep....the two options are to redeem NAU's (unlimited) for 500 Dividend Miles each OR exchange up to 10 for new NAU's with a new expiration date. This was added earlier this year based on input from preferred members who spend a lot of time on Dash 8 or other commuters and rarely get the opportunity to use all those earned upgrades.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
This is really good to know, I wonder how they keep count. USAIR accident send me a bunch of expiring ones, I hope this didn't count towards my quota.

[This message has been edited by catwood (edited 12-19-2001).]
Old Dec 19, 2001, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

BWI2MCO97--Thanks for the answer!
Old Dec 21, 2001, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Gold
One of the things that has been mentioned on this forum in the past was the CP status downgrade problem. As CP, you have unlimited upgrades, and thus do not get them mailed to you for 10k/20k miles flown. But if you fall to GP or SP the next year, you have no stock of upgrades anymore.

It occurs to me that rather than sending in all of my NAUs now that I am CP, I should save a bunch of those I have recently received, and exchange them this time next year for more with revised expiration dates. Just enough to get me through the first few months.

Still unclear on whether there are NAU for mileage exchange limits - this has been debated in the past.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Being able to swap them for new ones is a nice option, especially if you fall out of CP, like you said. Since I can exchange 10, I'll probably hold on to those and send in the rest. It would not be a lot of fun to fall in status AND not be able to upgrade, if it comes to that.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 12:37 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I wasn't aware we could exchange them for ones with new expirations. I just sent in 21 of them for 10,500 miles! At this time next year, when I don't think I'll have enough miles for CP again I'm going to be with nothing to upgrade!

On the bright side, the miles posted about 5 days after I mailed them in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.