Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks again hit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
That's the first time I've ever heard this explanation. Do you know whether running the DM toolbar (but not actually using it to do a particualr search) will usurp a purchase made on another airline's shopping mall?
For some merchants, the toolbar says "click here to earn X miles", for others it simply says "you will earn X miles". My (reasonably educated) guess is it usurps in the latter case, and Restaurant.com falls into that category.

EDIT: I just tried going through TA to Restaurant.com, and the toolbar clearly says "You have arrived to this site through another source... to Earn rewards, click on...". Nonetheless, I would personally uninstall the Toolbar or at least disable the rewards earning.

Last edited by nabeelj; Sep 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by nabeelj
For some merchants, the toolbar says "click here to earn X miles", for others it simply says "you will earn X miles". My (reasonably educated) guess is it usurps in the latter case, and Restaurant.com falls into that category.

EDIT: I just tried going through TA to Restaurant.com, and the toolbar clearly says "You have arrived to this site through another source... to Earn rewards, click on...". Nonetheless, I would personally uninstall the Toolbar or at least disable the rewards earning.
I'm pretty sure that there was a drop down bar that said click here to earn XX US Airways miles when I entered the vendor website, but I did not click on it since I wanted to earn AA miles.

I think I will be making my AA shopping purchases on another computer until my US toolbar miles post. Then I'll uninstall it for good.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by bjdsave
Restaurant.com has a new code for 80% off - code is FALL
Thanks for this. Just spent $1 on a $10 gift cert at a local restaurant that I want to visit.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:30 am

I'm a little confused....so forgive me.

It says to email customer services to claim your free 100 miles.

"If you haven't done so yet, email [email protected] to claim your 100 miles simply for 'liking' our page."

Just send them a regular email? I don't really understand how this works.

Originally Posted by swag
FB page is http://www.facebook.com/ThanksAgain

Click the link to filter the wall to only the posts from TA, then scroll down to September 9 at 2:32pm for the (simple) instructions.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by iantowns
I'm a little confused....so forgive me.

It says to email customer services to claim your free 100 miles.

"If you haven't done so yet, email [email protected] to claim your 100 miles simply for 'liking' our page."

Just send them a regular email? I don't really understand how this works.
Yes, it's that simple.

On 9/18, I joined TA and then I liked their page on FB.

Then I sent a regular email to that address, referencing the Facebook promo. I included
  • TA username
  • TA membership number (which matches my US acct #)
  • Facebook name (so they could verify the Like)

They replied by email within a few hours (and this was a Sunday):

Swag,

Thank you for becoming a FB Fan and for being a member of Thanks Again. We've posted 100 miles to your Thanks Again account. Please allow several weeks before the miles are transferred to your US Airways Dividend Miles Account.

Thanks Again for becoming a FB fan, and please tell all of your friends about us and how easy it is to earn miles with Thanks Again!

Customer Service
Thanks Again
A few days later, the 100 miles swept into my US account.

9/18/2011 09/20/11 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD 100

Last edited by swag; Sep 25, 2011 at 9:10 am
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:34 am

Opened FB account with fake 1st and last name. How do you join TA? I don't see anything on the left hand column with "join"?

Last edited by metoo; Sep 25, 2011 at 6:41 am
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Opened FB account with fake 1st and last name. How do you join TA? I don't see anything on the left hand column with "join"?
Click this link: Join Thanks Again To Earn US Airways Miles
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:43 am

Thanks. I already did that to order my itunes from thanksagain.....no mileage posted yet
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:28 am

Many thanks Swag. ^
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA peon
restaurant.com

When I click through thanksagain to restaurant.com, the smallest option I see under (e-)gift cards is $25 for $15. And then when I try the "FALL" promo code it says "Not eligible for Promo Codes – No discount applied". Am I missing something?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lunettes noires
When I click through thanksagain to restaurant.com, the smallest option I see under (e-)gift cards is $25 for $15. And then when I try the "FALL" promo code it says "Not eligible for Promo Codes – No discount applied". Am I missing something?

I've seen lots of $10 and $5 GCs. Also, their promo codes come and go quickly. FALL was last week.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've seen lots of $10 and $5 GCs. Also, their promo codes come and go quickly. FALL was last week.
Ah...I didn't realize you had to select a restaurant first. Found one around the corner and got the $10 for $5 for $1 (FALL still works).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lunettes noires
Ah...I didn't realize you had to select a restaurant first. Found one around the corner and got the $10 for $5 for $1 (FALL still works).
Good to know FALL is workign at 80%.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
What did I do wrong?

My TA account shows my one $29.99 transaction, but shows 0 reward and 0 DM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:14 am

I made my TA purchase (Restaurant.com) on 9/20, and nothing is showing yet, even on my TA account... ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.