Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Hits So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ngupta
6. Survey from Audience Rewards (points are already in my DM)
1) Did you mean Trivia? If not, can you point me to the survey?

10.Domain name registration using Network Solutions ($26.00 for 2K DM)
2) Could you please provide the link to this promo for 2,000 bonus miles?

3) Any reason why not many have gone for the Sharebuilder account hit? There is no monthly fee for the account. As far as I can see, you need to keep it for six months not to get your Grand Slam miles forfeited.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:20 pm

I've gone for the Sharebuilder account, but I am waiting to see if I get the hit without trading. If we do have to trade then any idea what penny stock we should buy?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I've gone for the Sharebuilder account, but I am waiting to see if I get the hit without trading. If we do have to trade then any idea what penny stock we should buy?
You should go ahead and do 1 trade anyway as you will get 2,500 Bonus Miles for doing this +1 hit.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
Any reason why not many have gone for the Sharebuilder account hit?
I did this for last year's GS, and my account is still open, so I can't this year. ShareBuilder is restricted to one account per "distinct" member. Maybe if I close the account and open a new one, that'll work ("distinct" member as opposed to "new" or "first-time" member), but I weighed the idea and opted against it. Just seems too uncertain, too prone to being a non-hit. But by all means, first-time SBers should. It's a cheap, reliable hit.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:30 pm

$0 cash outlay so far

1) E-rewards - Received email confirmation that 250 Div Miles for Enrollment will post in 6-8 weeks (Will this count as a hit without further surveys?)

2) Points.com Swap 4 Asiamiles -> 1 DM (posted)

3) Thank Again (100 miles posted for liking them on Facebook (A hit?)

4) US Aiways Barclay Credit Card - $1 charged to pay part of my phone bill (but $0 cost to me since I need to pay it anyway)

5) Audience Reward -4 DM posted on my account for the trivia (hit?)

6) Toolbar Download and searches

7) E-miles - Only got 340 or so in my account so far, need minimum of 500 miles to transfer to DM (Been a slow process, any tip to get this done fast for free or with minimum cash outlay?)

Next free/$0 cash outlay hits to do soon

8) Magazine for Miles

9) Sharebuilder

10) SPG 1,500 points -> 1,500 DM conversion

Minimal Cash Outlay Hits to Do

11) Dividend Miles Shopping Mall (Will probably buy something through Amazon.com or Walmart.com through DM Mall, will this count as a hit?)

12) Choice -> DM (hopefully at minimal cost through Netflix signup and other bonuses to get 5K points converted to 850 DM

13) DM Dining - I am about 10 miles aways from the closest restaurant that participates, any suggestion about ordering something online (drink?) to get a hit?

TBD

14) Bank of America US Airways Debit Card - $30 with 3,000 signup bonus miles

15) Skymall Shopping - What's the lowest purchase possible?

16) Biscoff -What's the cheapest possible purchase?

17) 1-800 Flowers

18) Super Shuttle - Anything lower than $9-10 that is confirmed to be a hit without riding?

19) Neflix - If I signup for it and suspend the account as I will be travelling soon, will this count as a hit? Cancelling the subscription will get all your GS miles forfeited but what about suspension?

20) Mile Purchase

Anything else free or cheap that I missed?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Sharebuilder - IRA treated as new acct

Originally Posted by NewArrival
I did this for last year's GS, and my account is still open, so I can't this year. ShareBuilder is restricted to one account per "distinct" member. Maybe if I close the account and open a new one, that'll work ("distinct" member as opposed to "new" or "first-time" member), but I weighed the idea and opted against it. Just seems too uncertain, too prone to being a non-hit. But by all means, first-time SBers should. It's a cheap, reliable hit.
I also opened a Sharebuilder account during last year's GS - a regular account.

Yesterday (I would have said Sunday, but the date below indicates yesterday) I opened a Sharebuilder IRA. Sharebuilder recognized that I already had an account and populated the various data fields with my account information.

I have not made a trade in the IRA yet, but a few minutes ago this posted to DM:

9/19/2011 09/20/11 SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES 2,500
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I've gone for the Sharebuilder account, but I am waiting to see if I get the hit without trading.
ShareBuilder is restricted to one account per "distinct" member.
Originally Posted by kochleffel
I also opened a Sharebuilder account during last year's GS - a regular account.

Yesterday (I would have said Sunday, but the date below indicates yesterday) I opened a Sharebuilder IRA. Sharebuilder recognized that I already had an account and populated the various data fields with my account information.

I have not made a trade in the IRA yet, but a few minutes ago this posted to DM:

9/19/2011 09/20/11 SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES 2,500
What kochleffel said.

I have a whole range of SB accounts. All were established for the GS in the past; none was ever funded or traded into; and the miles bonus posted each and every time. As I just reported in the Other Partners thread, this year I opened an Educational Savings Account for one child (vs the custodial account for him 2 years ago), and the points posted this evening -- again, with no activity in the account.

So forget anything you may hear about "one account per distinct member." It's not so. Try a joint account, an IRA, a custodial account, an ESA, whatever; it matters not, so long as you set that bad boy up. (Oh, and leave it in place through next May, lest US invoke some weird variation of the "subscription cancellation" rule.)
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by virtuo0
Yes, All you need is an email address and credit card that's not used already with netflix. If you don't have a CC that's not used, create a paypal account with the new email address and use any CC.
What about name and address? Last time I had two accounts with different email and CCs, but same name and address, I didn't get bonus for second account.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
What kochleffel said.

I have a whole range of SB accounts. All were established for the GS in the past; none was ever funded or traded into; and the miles bonus posted each and every time. As I just reported in the Other Partners thread, this year I opened an Educational Savings Account for one child (vs the custodial account for him 2 years ago), and the points posted this evening -- again, with no activity in the account.

So forget anything you may hear about "one account per distinct member." It's not so. Try a joint account, an IRA, a custodial account, an ESA, whatever; it matters not, so long as you set that bad boy up. (Oh, and leave it in place through next May, lest US invoke some weird variation of the "subscription cancellation" rule.)
Thanks for the info and sure enough today my 2,500 Sharebuilder miles hit my account. My thanks again miles hit too, but still no super shuttle miles despite at least one member noting he received his hit for the day before my 'trip' already.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by beltway
What kochleffel said.

You have an account with no funding and got the miles? Interesting to say the least.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
11) Dividend Miles Shopping Mall (Will probably buy something through Amazon.com or Walmart.com through DM Mall, will this count as a hit?)

13) DM Dining - I am about 10 miles aways from the closest restaurant that participates, any suggestion about ordering something online (drink?) to get a hit?

15) Skymall Shopping - What's the lowest purchase possible?

16) Biscoff -What's the cheapest possible purchase?

18) Super Shuttle - Anything lower than $9-10 that is confirmed to be a hit without riding?

19) Neflix - If I signup for it and suspend the account as I will be travelling soon, will this count as a hit? Cancelling the subscription will get all your GS miles forfeited but what about suspension?

Anything else free or cheap that I missed?
All these questions are either answered at the start of one of the main threads or currently under discussion in the forum.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:43 pm

I did ShareBuilder last year also and did it again this year and my miles have already posted so you can do it again. I have a few accounts with ShareBuilder and they all show up on my same log in.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Plat
Posted Hits?

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else, but I searched and searched and could not find it. US Airways makes it difficult enough to find information about Grand Slam 2011 as it is, but do they post your processed hits anywhere? I can barely even find it on their web site without a direct link from here.

I have the tracking spreadsheet and I am using that for my own tracking, but anything from them that will confirm the hits? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, US; IHG Plat, SPG, HH Gold
Originally Posted by biggdeebee
I did ShareBuilder last year also and did it again this year and my miles have already posted so you can do it again. I have a few accounts with ShareBuilder and they all show up on my same log in.
Would you mind to look up your record and see if ShareBuilder did hard/soft pull for opening account(s)? Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
8 confirmed hits so far

9/15/2011 09/16/11 conversion: Marriott rewards 2,000
9/15/2011 09/15/11 points.com exchange miles 1
9/15/2011 09/21/11 conversion:hilton honors reward exchange 850
9/15/2011 09/19/11 conversion: Spg points to miles 1,500
9/16/2011 09/16/11 magazines.com online redemption -400
9/16/2011 09/20/11 choice privileges mileage awards 1,000
9/18/2011 09/20/11 thanks again mileage award 8
9/20/2011 09/21/11 e-rewards mileage transfer 500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.