FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   any other easy hits? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1255608-any-other-easy-hits.html)

Shanye2233 Oct 8, 2011 5:34 am

Cheapest/easiest way to get 16 hits for 25k

I was aiming for 8 hits for 10k now the price rise I want more. Now there's a problem from making this too easy.
1. I'm not a US resident So no CC hits
2. This is a family members account so can't rent/stay/transfer points.

So far I have done dining rewards , toolbar , audience rewards , thanks again , Supershuttle , dividend miles shopping mall. I will continue with Skymall officemax biscoff vinesse and 1800flowers. After that I'm stuck maybe 10-11hits I'm short 5 any ideas ?

lakers6902 Oct 8, 2011 5:48 am

e-miles.
only 10 miles short of cashing out myself.

Shanye2233 Oct 8, 2011 6:49 am

Yeah got that up to 485.

Side note I was using these miles to fly to LAX to watch a lakers game from Sydney hopefully they sort that mess out over there shortly

HikerT Oct 8, 2011 10:00 am

My estimate of the current cheapest hits under ~$30 (in order of least to most expensive). More expensive hits than ~$30 are not worth doing IMO unless you plan to do 36 hits. As you note, not all of these may be doable for non-US residents:

3 Toolbar Searches
Audience Rewards (trivia)
Thanks Again (facebook like)
ShareBuilder
US Credit Card
Points.com Exchange
e-Miles
Magazines for Miles
US Shopping Mall
Dividend Miles Dining
SuperShuttle
OfficeMax
Vinesse
SkyMall
Rental Car
Biscoff
1800Flowers
US Share Miles (split cost with someone)
SPG hotel transfer
TrackItBack.com
Network Solutions (too risky IMO)
US Debit Card
FTD.com
TD AMERITRADE (cost of interest for parking $2500 for 6+ months)

Shanye2233 Oct 8, 2011 10:06 am

Originally Posted by HikerT (Post 17240557)
My estimate of the current cheapest hits under ~$30 (in order of least to most expensive). More expensive hits than ~$30 are not worth doing IMO unless you plan to do 36 hits. As you note, not all of these may be doable for non-US residents:

3 Toolbar Searches
Audience Rewards (trivia)
Thanks Again (facebook like)
ShareBuilder
US Credit Card
Points.com Exchange
e-Miles
Magazines for Miles
US Shopping Mall
Dividend Miles Dining
SuperShuttle
OfficeMax
Vinesse
SkyMall
Rental Car
Biscoff
1800Flowers
US Share Miles (split cost with someone)
SPG hotel transfer
TrackItBack.com
Network Solutions (too risky IMO)
US Debit Card
FTD.com
TD AMERITRADE (cost of interest for parking $2500 for 6+ months)

i wonder if i can do trackitback , and the FTD.com. I dont have SPG transfer so i have to buy points and then transfer them. the mag for miles hit i guess i will do as well.
What about e-rewards i read something about it somewhere. The point.com exchange i will do as well.

NewArrival Oct 8, 2011 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 17240588)
What about e-rewards i read something about it somewhere.

There's a thread dedicated to it in this same sub-forum. Check out the first post there.

Shanye2233 Oct 9, 2011 7:15 am

So im about to do a transfer and want to make sure i do it right. I have 10k miles sitting in an account i want to maximise into 4 accounts for hits. My account i dont need to much so probably do the standard 1,000. Leaving 9,000 so should i do 3,000 into each account and thats it ?

Is that the most i can make out of them each person get's a hit or can i make more?

Also is there a direct link i need to use to share the miles?

philemer Oct 9, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 17244124)
So im about to do a transfer and want to make sure i do it right. I have 10k miles sitting in an account i want to maximise into 4 accounts for hits. My account i dont need to much so probably do the standard 1,000. Leaving 9,000 so should i do 3,000 into each account and thats it ?

Is that the most i can make out of them each person get's a hit or can i make more?

Also is there a direct link i need to use to share the miles?

What "account" are you referring to? If it's e-rewards please post in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html

Shanye2233 Oct 9, 2011 7:48 am

its not emiles account its my US dividend miles account. I have an account with 10k us dm and i want to maximize the transfer. I dont want to put 3k into each account if i can get more hits out of them

Mike1980 Oct 9, 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 17244206)
its not emiles account its my US dividend miles account. I have an account with 10k us dm and i want to maximize the transfer. I dont want to put 3k into each account if i can get more hits out of them

Account A,B,C,D ....A transfers to B , C transfer to D , all 4 get 1 hit each .

You cannot get multiple hits if u transfer multiple times ..

iahphx Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Newbie Grand Slammer: so this will be worth it, right?

My non-flying mileage collection tends to focus on credit card churning: I've never tried to accumulate bonus miles in one of these shopping promos. But since I'm a CO platinum, my Dividend Miles account is kind of "orphaned" -- and I could use a few more DM to get to a desired int'l award level. So playing Grand Slam would seem to be worthwhile for me.

My biggest fear of playing is hassle: specifically, the hassle of getting hits posted. This is managable, right? The sign-up process wasn't exactly reassuring, as you don't even get any real confirmation that you're properly signed-up. I've had bad experiences with other airlines (particularly DL) having to "hound" them for bonuses I've earned, and I don't want to spend hours following up with US on missing Grand Slam credits.

My strategy is to shoot for 25,000 miles. I saw that mommypoints.com seems to have some good advice for folks looking to hit that level.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommyp...ys-grand-slam/

If I'm looking for other "efficient" recommendations for cheap hits, are there any other blogs I should be reading (I'm assuming it's smart to carefully follow this forum)?

Finally, are there any difficulties that I'll encounter by also playing for my wife and kids? They also could use to "top off" their DM accounts, and if I'm doing it for myself, I figure it's not much more work to do the same things in their accounts. Any pitfalls (like cookie issues or something) that I should watch out for?

Thanks for the help. I feel like a complete newbie on this!

dsquared37 Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm

First you'll need to read the preponderance of posts on the various topics and become impervious to the, deserved, flaming that will accompany this new thread.

After that, yeah, it's worth it.

amolkold Oct 15, 2011 8:55 pm

There's a bunch of information within this forum and it is organized very well. I suggest you read it. As for the hassle, I've gotten 23 hits posted and 20 of them posted without any issue ... 3 required follow ups.

efox Oct 15, 2011 8:57 pm

You can start by reading this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...easy-hits.html

Of course, first post of this thread maintained by beltway should give you enough easy hits (it even has a ranking of monetary costs of these hits):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html

HikerT Oct 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Really, everything a iahphx needs is summarized or referenced in that blog post.