Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: aa
As soon as you complete a survey, you can go to the rewards section. The 250 miles option will appear. You can redeem it and the confirmation email will come instantly.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa
You need to take a proper survey. The quick surveys are just questions which determine if you qualify for a proper survey.

Even if you get disqualified from a proper survey, you can find the 250 mile bonus offer in the us airways rewards section. But this will appear only after you have taken a proper survey.
When does one get a proper survey on a new account? I received 250 miles bonus offer invitation and completed all the profiles and quick surveys Sunday 11/13. Is there any hope of getting a survey and the 250 miles hit for GS by today 11/14? Otherwise I need to buy miles or LifeLock membership for my 36th hit. Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by vysean
For those of you who have only recently signed up for e-Rewards and who are hoping to take advantage of the 250/500 mile bonus signup promotion, here is how you can tell if the transfer happened/is happening:

In e-Rewards, click on "My Account", then "Review Account Statement". Change the dropdown on the far right from "All Types" to "Redemption", and click "Go". It should show whether a mileage redemption has been requested (either automatically as a result of a signup bonus or because you hit $25 in e-rewards currency and requested it).

It should show something like this:

Code:
As of		Description			Amount	ID#
10/06/2011	500 US Airways Dividend Miles	$0.00
If it shows, you're fine. If not, you may wish to be concerned. If the amount is listed as $0.00 it means the mileage transfer was the result of the signup bonus. If it shows $25.00 it's because you specifically requested a transfer.

Finally, just because it shows a date (in this case 10/06), that's almost certainly not the date that it will show up on your US account. In my case, the lag was about a week. So don't freak out if e-Rewards reports a pending/complete transfer and you don't see it in the "Your Miles" part of the US website.

Thank you very much!

Mine says 11/12. Hopefully it posts properly!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:57 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kroozer
When does one get a proper survey on a new account? I received 250 miles bonus offer invitation and completed all the profiles and quick surveys Sunday 11/13. Is there any hope of getting a survey and the 250 miles hit for GS by today 11/14?
I think there is a decent chance. Remember, many surveys show up only in your e-mail and not in your e-rewards homepage.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:26 am

Some of my erewards accounts that I am managing had 250 DM invite and came with generic 2 surveys and took all of them but they are not triggering anything.

But I got some QUICK surveys in my erewards today and I took them just now and earned me addition $1.00.

Can anyone confirm this will count?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:56 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ngupta
Can anyone confirm this will count?
No. The only confirmation is to look in your e-rewards redemption history and see if the autmatic redemption was triggered. vysean posted details earlier in this thread. You should also receive an e-mail confirming it.

If you have not received either of those, it was probably not triggered.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by vysean
For those of you who have only recently signed up for e-Rewards and who are hoping to take advantage of the 250/500 mile bonus signup promotion, here is how you can tell if the transfer happened/is happening:

In e-Rewards, click on "My Account", then "Review Account Statement". Change the dropdown on the far right from "All Types" to "Redemption", and click "Go". It should show whether a mileage redemption has been requested (either automatically as a result of a signup bonus or because you hit $25 in e-rewards currency and requested it).

It should show something like this:

Code:
As of		Description			Amount	ID#
10/06/2011	500 US Airways Dividend Miles	$0.00
If it shows, you're fine. If not, you may wish to be concerned. If the amount is listed as $0.00 it means the mileage transfer was the result of the signup bonus. If it shows $25.00 it's because you specifically requested a transfer.

Finally, just because it shows a date (in this case 10/06), that's almost certainly not the date that it will show up on your US account. In my case, the lag was about a week. So don't freak out if e-Rewards reports a pending/complete transfer and you don't see it in the "Your Miles" part of the US website.
Alternatively, you can click "rewards" and then "my redemption history" on the left. One of the accounts I mange shows:

Date Description Amount ID#

11/13/2011 250 US Airways Dividend Miles $0.00 xxxx

So this should be a hit eventhough it's not in US Airways dividend miles account yet right?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
So this should be a hit eventhough it's not in US Airways dividend miles account yet right?
I believe you'll end up having to argue with US Airways, but that ultimately it will count as a hit. It will almost certainly post with an activity date after 11/14 (today).
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Is emiles instant on the activities that rewuire purchase?
I can sign up for identity protection for $1 for 200 miles which will bring me to 500.
Can anyone confirm or deny that the 200 miles will show today and also that the activity date on the transfer will be today.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: aa
Activity date is the same as the date you request. I don't know which paid items post instantly. Try checking the e-miles thread in the S.P.A.M. forum.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by sun_aa
Activity date is the same as the date you request. I don't know which paid items post instantly. Try checking the e-miles thread in the S.P.A.M. forum.
I took the $1 gamble and it paid off. 200 miles posted right away, and I immediately transferred.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
E-rewards posting date: 11/15/11

I signed up for E-rewards and completed the first survey on 11/10/11. Today the 250 sign-up miles posted, but with an activity date of 11/15/11:

11/15/2011 11/16/11 E-REWARDS MILEAGE TRANSFER 250

Looks like I will have to argue with US Airways or E-rewards a bit regarding the posting date.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Does May 14, 2012 subscription hold within E-Miles?

Perhaps this has been addressed above. I have gone back several pages and done a FT search, but I don't find it answered:

We know that subscriptions we enroll in directly through Dividend Miles must be continued through May, or the miles and hit are withdrawn. Dividend Miles rules. I enrolled in Experian inside the E-miles program. This yielded a credit report, and protection for as long as one is enrolled. It helped get me over the line for a transfer to Dividend Miles. I don't want to keep up the subscription. I already have the protections that Experian gives.

If I cancel the Experian subscription before May 2012, will this cause a (small) implosion? Will E-miles invalidate what I earned with them, and that in turn invalidate a hit? Or is what is done within E-miles insulated from the Dividend Miles May 2012 rule? Thank you.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I assume you would be fine.

As far as losing your hit and bonus miles in GS, since e-miles isn't listed as one of the subscription partners I don't see how they could revoke anything.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:40 am

I have the same issue.

Originally Posted by via amtrak
I signed up for E-rewards and completed the first survey on 11/10/11. Today the 250 sign-up miles posted, but with an activity date of 11/15/11:

11/15/2011 11/16/11 E-REWARDS MILEAGE TRANSFER 250

Looks like I will have to argue with US Airways or E-rewards a bit regarding the posting date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.