Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:55 am

Sitting at $24.92 and haven't seen a survey in 4 or 5 days...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a secondary e-Rewards account that isn't tied to US Airways, so I've been building it up to $50 to deposit 2500 in my HHonors account to reach 10K for a transfer (it's at 7480 after some Topguesting). Finally hit $50 and happy to report that the transfer for instantaneous for HHonors in case anyone else is thinking of the same thing. One more check-in and that's a a free hit (all points were free/from promos).

Originally Posted by FourFoxesinPA
Sitting at $24.92 and haven't seen a survey in 4 or 5 days...
Keep the faith.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
So what's the latest you can transfer e-miles and still have a hit?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
So what's the latest you can transfer e-miles and still have a hit?
Activity date is the date you initiate the transfer, so technically 11/14, though I'd leave a one-day buffer just in case.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:16 pm

Three family members just received e-rewards invitations, including the new baby!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by mhen
Three family members just received e-rewards invitations, including the new baby!
Got mine today. Hopefully I can come up with $25 by next Monday.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Michael El
Got mine today. Hopefully I can come up with $25 by next Monday.
Rather doubtful. Even if you are offered many surveys, it's difficult to "qualify" for a full survey amount. They are very picky about demographics. (And even if you try to "game the system", it's not at all clear who they are really looking for in these surveys. I think I'm a pretty interesting demographic and yet I rarely qualify.)

The faster you respond, the more likely it seems to be that you'll qualify. So watch your e-mail like a hawk, I guess.

EDIT: Just noticed this on gsscorecard.com: e-Rewards almost always posts with a Tuesday activity date. So if you can't redeem by tomorrow, it may be too late.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Nov 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:00 pm

I received invites to e-Rewards on about 2/5 of my accounts I'm managing. Each one was a free 250 miles after the first survey, so as long as I get a survey by the 14th I'm good.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I received invites to e-Rewards on about 2/5 of my accounts I'm managing. Each one was a free 250 miles after the first survey, so as long as I get a survey by the 14th I'm good.
Sorry, but according to vysean's site GSScorecard.com, the average activity lag is 3 days on e-Rewards, with a maximum of 7.

Since it's a free hit, I'd do it anyway, but it may not post in time. You'd have to challenge it with US Airways if it doesn't.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
EDIT: Just noticed this on gsscorecard.com: e-Rewards almost always posts with a Tuesday activity date. So if you can't redeem by tomorrow, it may be too late.
Thanks....I suppose I can build $$ for next year. I didn't read the fine print to see if the $$ expire.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Started on my mom's account on Saturday. Opened an emiles account for her that day and completed the deposit today. Less than 72 hours for 500 pts. Impressive.

Anyway, that was hit 20 in 72 hours. I seem to know my way around.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:19 am

do bonus miles count as a hit?

i got an email invite today from DM offering 250 bonus miles for signing up to e-rewards. anyone know if that will count as a hit? it'd save me loads of time on surveys if it did.

thanks
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by esquish
i got an email invite today from DM offering 250 bonus miles for signing up to e-rewards. anyone know if that will count as a hit? it'd save me loads of time on surveys if it did.

thanks
It will.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Originally Posted by amolkold
Since it's a free hit, I'd do it anyway, but it may not post in time. You'd have to challenge it with US Airways if it doesn't.
It's the activity date, not the posting date, that counts. That said, I've just realised that both of the accounts I am managing have posted with an e-rewards activity date 3 or 4 days later than the actual transfer, so you might have to get DM to correct the date if you can't initiate the transfer until the last few days of GS.

Edited to say:

Both the above quoted posters are referring to "activity lag" (the difference between the actual and recorded date of activity), not suggesting that the hit needs to post by the end of GS. Sorry for my initial misunderstanding.

Last edited by louie-m; Nov 8, 2011 at 5:19 am Reason: To correct my misunderstanding
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
It's the activity date, not the posting date, that counts. That said, I've just realised that both of the accounts I am managing have posted with an e-rewards activity date 3 or 4 days later than the actual transfer, so you might have to get DM to correct the date if you can't initiate the transfer until the last few days of GS.
Did you read my entire post from which you quoted only one line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.