Community
Wiki Posts
Search

drinks and checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

At some airports I have been to, they will make you take a sip of whatever drink you are trying to take through. I guess if you don't keel over and die, you are allowed to continue with your drink.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 9:24 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
That Starbucks cup could be full of Nitro. Don't you folks realise that? Or Anthrax. Or a cruise missile. It is for YOUR safety they do these things, so quiet down please. </font>
Actually, I ALWAYS pack my cruise missle in my carryon bag...i would NEVER try and take it on in my Starbucks coffee cup :-)

Old Jun 27, 2002, 1:31 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Airlines push e-ticketing to cut costs
Plus: Open beverages banned; Amtrak still alive

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...-C1995C7C4449}

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Better leave that travel mug at home if you're heading to the airport. The newly formed Transportation Security Agency has sent a new security directive to the nation's airports, advising screeners not to accept passengers who are carrying open-container beverages. All carried items must now be X-rayed, and a TSA spokesperson says they decided to ban open drinks, like coffee cups and soda cans, because they were spilling on machinery and workers during screening. This does not mean that all beverages are outlawed. If you can turn it upside down, without spillage, you can still bring it on the plane.</font>
Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DADISGARYK:
Actually, I ALWAYS pack my cruise missle in my carryon bag...i would NEVER try and take it on in my Starbucks coffee cup :-)</font>
Really I pack my Cruise Missle in my boxers.(sorry I had to)

Old Jun 28, 2002, 3:49 am

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
So now we will no longer be allowed to carry on our Big Gulps that we purchased on the way to the airport

I did smile the first time I saw someone in F with a Big Gulp as a carry on item.

Old Jun 29, 2002, 9:46 am

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Don't laugh

I carry around one of those 53oz Insulated Mugs...it gets lots of comments :-)
Old Jul 1, 2002, 6:30 am

I saw this reported in the WSJ as a new TSA requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.