Wiki Posts
Search

lowest fares from ORD to FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2002, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K MM
lowest fares from ORD to FRA?

Several times a year I need to fly ORD to Germany, usually FRA. I spend time "stalking" the prices, waiting for a good time to book. Suddenly ORD-FRA jumped up to around $1,200 for Sept. flights. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the wait for a drop? Is there a cheaper route? Why the sudden jump so far out. My next trip is to HAM, approx. Sept. 8-23. I could use some advice from more savvy bookers!
thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I to fly to Germany many times each year. I found it is much less expensive to book flights originating in Germany. Even if you do not kow your exact return date. The cost of the ticket ex Germany plus the change fee is almost always much less than ex ORD.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K MM
Thanks for the response. I will look into it. Hor do you start the sequence--with a one-way fare?
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:23 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Last year Europe had a few crises (plural ?) that kept airfares low as travelers STOPPED coming to Europe.... this year you won't see as much price relaxations until the shoulder season (october) and low season (winter).

Amazing that one month a year a flight is $1,000 but 6 months later the SAME flight is $325, huh? :-)

I hope the airlines can use this summer to make some MOOOOLLLLAAAA...

-nate
Old Jul 1, 2002, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
To start, or to get to Germany there are several options. Book a changable fare US to Germany with a return far in the future .eg F,C, and Y have 1 year validity, while B, M, are 6 months and H is 3 months. Or use an award ticket because the return date can be changed at no cost up to 1 year. Or try to find a very cheap ticket and only use the first half. Unfortunately there are very few cheap fares on UA at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.