Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL and Chase to launch 3 new Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Just got the RCC Club Visa from 2009 Year end Choices-- had to go to www.united.com/clubenroll in order to select who the recipient would be-- me or a friend. Once that was done, it became active at the RCC. I used it once already by pleading my case gently and nicely to the RCC agent (who was a Christie Brinkley look-alike at ORD) and she let me and my friend who showed up later in. Nice to get some lattitude once inawhile! We feasted on the cuppacino and bananas before heading out to our ungraded CRJ7 flight to Kansas City. Started off the day right!
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I applied for and received the Select card and was immediately billed the $130 fee , which I expected. Then I received a letter in the mail a few days later informing me of the new $95 fee to be billed next year.Also mentioned was the discontinuation of the $100 certificate which I did not receive in my packet. I mentioned my 1K status and asked if the fee was waived,although I did not have any expectations there.
I got the same letter, however my cert just showed up yesterday (about a month after application, 3 weeks after getting my card).
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Jake256
Yesterday I actually switched from MP Visa Platinum Class to this new Select Visa.
The fee they offered was $95, indeed. And the card number didn't change.
I accumurate max 5,000 EQMs and 3 RDMs per dollar by .bomb purchase on this Select card, and another 5,000 EQMs will be earned by MP Club Visa card by spending over $35,000.

One of the disadvantage of this change was; I lost full annual fee waiver of Platinum class Visa at $140 but 3 RDMs/mile + 5,000 RDMs/year benefts are better I thought.
Do you get the 30,000 bonus miles for switching?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by tryathlete
Just got the RCC Club Visa from 2009 Year end Choices-- had to go to www.united.com/clubenroll in order to select who the recipient would be-- me or a friend. ...
I got my card and activated it yesterday. I had to wait until today for the URL above to be usable. It then tells you you will receive an email in a few days to activate the membership. Rather than waiting I found that I could go to
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com.../RCCEnroll.jsp and activate the membership. It then said the card would arrive in 4-6 weeks but I should receive an email within 5 days.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Mar 22, 2010 at 5:46 am
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Just to follow up on my post, I called Chase and was able to convert to Select with no problem. I'm waiting for my partner to make the call and will post only if he has a problem.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
....It then said the card would arrive in 4-6 weeks but I should receive an email within 5 days.
The email arrived later in the day and said among other things
If you plan to visit a Red Carpet Club location before you receive your membership card, please present this email and your purchase receipt or gift membership notification.
I printed off in case I needed it but in this case there is no "purchase receipt or gift membership notification". I found that
https://redcarpet.united.com/rcchome/control/rccUpdate was now active (it had not worked before the email) so that is an indication that the membership is effective.

Two days later was my next flight and my BP was accepted for entry, the email mentioned above was not necessary. It was approximately 2 days from receipt of the Chase card to when my RCC membership was effective. I think it would have taken a lot longer had I not been proactive in these steps. I did so because of the upcoming flight.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
The following promos appeared in my latest Visa statement. I'm especially stoked about the extra BoB miles. ^

Great News! Effective April 1, 2010 United Mileage Plus
VISA cardmembers will receive 5 miles per dollar spent
onboard United flights - including Duty Free purchases!
Limited time offer good through April 30, 2011.

Triple Miles with Omni Hotels & Resorts through Aug. 31
Earn triple miles plus save up to $40 each stay, with
the added benefits of Select Guest: free WiFi, morning
beverage delivery, bottled water, pressing and more.
Visit www.omnihotels.com/united to register and enroll

Make Mother's Day magical and earn 30 miles per $1 spent
plus 200 bonus miles on flowers & gifts from FTD.
Mother's Day is Sunday, May 9th and she deserves the very
best. Shop online with FTD at www.ftd.com/ualmpvisa or
call 1-800-SEND-FTD and mention promo code 19046.
Old May 25, 2010, 5:53 pm

Select Card

I called the Customer Service number and they were able to help me!

Last edited by chas9g; May 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm Reason: Found the number
Old May 25, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA - Plat
just switched from Gold Class to Select - an extra $10 a year but way more miles.

I emailed asking for this and was told to apply for a new card.. hah! called, asked for supervisor and got Select on existing account within 30 seconds.

Still, I joined in 2005 and got a miserly 17,500 miles for joining...
Old May 25, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
The following promos appeared in my latest Visa statement. I'm especially stoked about the extra BoB miles. ^
Stoked? It used to be 10 miles per dollar, if I am not mistaken, so this is really an "enhancement".
Old May 25, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA ExP
To bad it's only UNITED in flight purchases...
I was hoping the buy.com order via GOGO would count... What am I thinking I'd be happy if GOGO counted as an inflight purchase!
Old May 26, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Stoked? It used to be 10 miles per dollar, if I am not mistaken, so this is really an "enhancement".
I belive its matching CO.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Did you get the 30,000 sing-up bonus miles?

Originally Posted by drewnyc
just switched from Gold Class to Select - an extra $10 a year but way more miles.

I emailed asking for this and was told to apply for a new card.. hah! called, asked for supervisor and got Select on existing account within 30 seconds.

Still, I joined in 2005 and got a miserly 17,500 miles for joining...
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
I currently have Platinum card and want to change to Select. Once my cc statement turns over in a day or two, I should be over $35K for the year. I want to wait until the 5K EQM post before making the switch to Select. I won't lose the EQMs once I make the conversion, correct?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Looking through this thread, I can't find a definitive answer to the following question (though possibly due to a failure on my part to read sufficiently closely!). Also the united.com/chase webpage doesn't provide an answer, at least for someone like me who is not a cardmember.

Do the new CC's give "choices" (aka cc miles) that can be converted to EQM in 10k increments at a 10-1 ratio?

The reason I ask is that I like the option value of being able to push myself over the 100k or 125k threshold if I end up just short at the end of the year.

Thanks in advance for any info that people can provide...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.