Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Post Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]

This can be something like a UA-only Mileage Run thread, on a short fuse.

To those who have signed up, and think, "Hey, sign up...," here are some reasons...

--Seems to me that there are going to be a lot of wheat-and-chaff issues with UA's twitter. Making it challenging to follow every tweet, and all the followers' responses. Making us turn it off -- at least sometimes.

--It's not proprietary. People didn't pay to sign up for the service. They paid you (miles). (Strictly speaking, that wasn't even for enrolling in twitter.)

--It's win-win for all concerned. Tweeters, FlyerTalkers, UA etc.

--If you've suffered from the MR fight-flight dilemma, you know the MR remedy -- do your deals first, then post.

(Wish I could start with a live one, but as an example, I learned of the early 20%-off ZRH Tware -- late. I would have acted.)

Last edited by Firewind; May 29, 2009 at 4:28 pm Reason: "Strictly speaking..." and "tweEt" Something sentient made me think "tweat".
Old May 29, 2009, 3:36 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
The other day, there was a BOS-LAX OW $74 (based on RT) fare...
Supposedly, the sale only lasted an hour.
Old May 29, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
great idea.^ i check ft more than twitter.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And please post the codes for the live ones, especially as these are short-fuse, and watchers would benefit from not having delays of the back-and-forth follow-up clutter that it can get past.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:18 pm
ccf

Programs: AA, UA, DL
OK. Please bear with me. I've just created a Twitter account and finally found the United page. I don't get it. Do I have to keep going to that page to see new Twares? Is there a trick I don't see?
Old May 29, 2009, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ccf
Do I have to keep going to that page to see new Twares? Is there a trick I don't see?
I believe you can have Twitter send you a text message (a "tweet") every time something comes up on the United twit.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ccf
OK. Please bear with me. I've just created a Twitter account and finally found the United page. I don't get it. Do I have to keep going to that page to see new Twares? Is there a trick I don't see?
When you 'follow' someone, their tweets (eg posts) will be shown on your homepage. You can also have twitter text you everytime someone you follow tweets - I don't know if you can selectively text only messages that contain X or come from Y but that'd be a nice feature if they have it.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for how controlling this sounds, but may I suggest that for this to have the value it can, that "twitter - how to?" and other discussion go into the "UA on Twitter" thread as much as possible?

Otherwise, people might see a lot of other stuff here, and think, "Meh, more twitter..." when it can get past the ills (um, like this comment ) it's meant to cure if it's focused.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
United's F-to-Canada tweet: how to capitalize?

So I got the tweet from UnitedAirlines about their "Fly F to Canada at Y prices" and am currently checking out fares there. However it appears that the bomb is returning only Y results for any valid city pair I put in...they just tweeted it 8 hours ago, could all the promo seats have sold out? Seat maps are WIDE OPEN.

I also love how UA is $160-180 more expensive than Air Canada and 4 other American Airlines SFO-YYZ.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
So I got the tweet from UnitedAirlines about their "Fly F to Canada at Y prices" and am currently checking out fares there. However it appears that the bomb is returning only Y results for any valid city pair I put in...they just tweeted it 8 hours ago, could all the promo seats have sold out? Seat maps are WIDE OPEN.

I also love how UA is $160-180 more expensive than Air Canada and 4 other American Airlines SFO-YYZ.
I didn't have a problem finding a fare on random dates I put in for SFO-YVR. Are you sure you are following all of the fare rules? For example - travel needs to happen b/t 7/1 and 8/31. Also, I know this sounds pretty obvious, but did you make sure in class of service, you used the pulldown menu to choose first (lowest). If you meet all the fare requirements, eligible flights should show a first class sale note. Note that often, not all flights on a given day will have the fare availability, and even some days may not have availability. I believe the tweet is not a special twitted thing, but rather part of the first class to canada sale .bomb has been promoting for the last couple of days.

As for UA fares being higher than others, UA thinks they can get more, that's all. Perhaps UA sold lower fare inventories that day. Perhaps they will release more seats closer to your travel dates.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I didn't have a problem finding a fare on random dates I put in for SFO-YVR. Are you sure you are following all of the fare rules? For example - travel needs to happen b/t 7/1 and 8/31. Also, I know this sounds pretty obvious, but did you make sure in class of service, you used the pulldown menu to choose first (lowest).
Yeah, I was pricing tickets in mid-August which was getting me nothing. I moved up to July and was able to get the F sale note but pricing was still at F rates ($777 SFO-YVR for example, when E fares are $417).
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
Yeah, I was pricing tickets in mid-August which was getting me nothing. I moved up to July and was able to get the F sale note but pricing was still at F rates ($777 SFO-YVR for example, when E fares are $417).
I think you're confusing Y fares (full fare coach tickets) with discount fares. E-fares normally book into T class, which is a highly discounted coach fare (and I'm seeing at about $350 for this weekend, but that's another story). The $777 SFO-YVR fare is booked in HA30UPN1, which is essentially a near full economy fare class that automatically puts you in an A booking code, which is discounted F, and puts you in an F seat. That is the $332 each way that .bomb mentions on its site in the Canada fare class sale page, plus taxes and surcharges. If you booked into a Y class on the same flights, it comes out to ~$875, making the F seat actually less expensive. Full F would actually be ~$1700 RT.

I checked dates in July (2 - 12) and August (12-19) and found the same prices above for both the first sale ($777) and full Y class ($875). The weird thing is, for the July booking, the "first class sale" line showed, while in August, it didn't, but the price was the same, and fare class was the same. Weirdly enough, I checked dates in September, and got the same first fare. So I'm not sure if this is a non-sale sale, or if something else is going on.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
OZ fares just announced.

For example, NYC-SYD as low as $691 a/i from 7/1 to 11/30. Nice! ^
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by as219
OZ fares just announced.

For example, NYC-SYD as low as $691 a/i from 7/1 to 11/30. Nice! ^
You're quick....beat me to it. LAX-SYD from $222+, from SFO, $226+. Get 'em quick, I doubt they'll be available for more than an hour or two. Plugged in random dates in Sept. from CVG, and was getting $780ai.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by emcampbe
You're quick....beat me to it. LAX-SYD from $222+, from SFO, $226+. Get 'em quick, I doubt they'll be available for more than an hour or two. Plugged in random dates in Sept. from CVG, and was getting $780ai.
$586a/i from SFO to SYD...books into K class though so no upgrades unless you want to spend a hunk of cash plus miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.