FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:29 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
So I got the tweet from UnitedAirlines about their "Fly F to Canada at Y prices" and am currently checking out fares there. However it appears that the bomb is returning only Y results for any valid city pair I put in...they just tweeted it 8 hours ago, could all the promo seats have sold out? Seat maps are WIDE OPEN.

I also love how UA is $160-180 more expensive than Air Canada and 4 other American Airlines SFO-YYZ.
I didn't have a problem finding a fare on random dates I put in for SFO-YVR. Are you sure you are following all of the fare rules? For example - travel needs to happen b/t 7/1 and 8/31. Also, I know this sounds pretty obvious, but did you make sure in class of service, you used the pulldown menu to choose first (lowest). If you meet all the fare requirements, eligible flights should show a first class sale note. Note that often, not all flights on a given day will have the fare availability, and even some days may not have availability. I believe the tweet is not a special twitted thing, but rather part of the first class to canada sale .bomb has been promoting for the last couple of days.

As for UA fares being higher than others, UA thinks they can get more, that's all. Perhaps UA sold lower fare inventories that day. Perhaps they will release more seats closer to your travel dates.