Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Crazy Fare - $85 from San Jose, Ca to Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy Fare - $85 from San Jose, Ca to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
yeah.. I just tried to price the exact same itinery I just bought and it's back to $500 something already... maybe that fare class just got sold out.. =P
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Droneklax,
I just called the 1K desk and the rep said that he can't upgrade the itinery 'coz it hasn't been ticketed yet... and it has to be a paper ticket... how did you get upgrades already?
Now the only question is whether they will send me the paper tickets at all...
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:24 pm

Location: Memphis, TN USA UA 1K, NW Platinum, AA Gold, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Gold
I will be very interested if they will actually honor the ticket, or claim some sort of mistake, and try to get out of it.

??
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:26 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Because the SCJ tickets involve the use of South Bay Flyer, the ticket must be on paper. They take 24 hours to process and print. If you managed to get one of the tickets from SFO, then it can all be electronic. If holding a SCJ ticket (or ticket with a segment on South Bay Flyer), wait 24 hours, call back, and then request your upgrade.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:29 pm

Well, for all those people who got the ticket for this fare, I guess it's going to be a very interesting flyettalk gathering on the flight. =)
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:30 pm

You guys that got ticketed -- spend some time in Paris shopping for a nice picture frame to display the receipt, 'cuz no one will ever believe you!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:33 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I missed out....
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

UG's were not available, but I am on the PA1 list. Now will UA honor this fare?
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:41 pm

I think the tax for an award ticket is even more than that. Congratulations to those who got it.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:43 pm

Can somebody tell me if we get UA status miles for SJC SFO on the southbay flyer bus?
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Tried it several times in past hour, as I'll be in SFO to and from NYC next month, so it woould have been neat, but pricing now at lowest $215 per one way. In fact their comuter seems to be melting down in there. Most dates were coming out at about $1000 a couple. I just did 18/3-20/3 for SFO-CDG-SFO in coach, UA#960/961 and it is throwing up $US4,590.82 inc taxes!

I really do hope ALL you guys get tickets, get upgrades, and all get the 20,000 or whatever status miles it is, as this will then be THE best deal I have ever seen on FT.

HOWEVER, and as no-one has apparently seen a ticket IN THEIR HANDS yet, I really do feel it sobering for you all to read THIS link below. Same sorta deal, and it was a MESS getting airline to honour it. Europe to Australia r/t on Qantas for $375. Albeit this time you are booking with UA direct and many are 1K so my hunch is they'll simply live with it. Hope so. Congratulations! Everyone reacts differently but if I'd have snagged one, BENJAMIN would have a carton of fine wine by Fedex en-route to his office, right now for the fine and timely tip off!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/001833.html

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 01-31-2001).]
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
I just miss it. I should have booked it while it lasted. Oh well. Next time.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:47 pm

I got the $22 fare for two. Must be ticketed by Feb. 2??? What does that mean? Do I have to call UNITED or go to a ticket office to get tickets, or will the tickets be mailed to me? Can these tickets be changed for a $75 "change of itinerary fee" later?
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
What was your itinerary??? I really want to get this fare!!

------------------
AS MVP Gold, UA PremEx, HHonors Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:50 pm

Mine was e-ticketed - I printed out the E-Ticket Receipt and Itinerary.... Not a bad deal

SFO-LAX-CDG-SFO Fri, March 16th leaving SFO at 14:00, and returning on Sunday March 18th from CDG at 12:00...

All for a grand total of $49.96... for two of us ....I like it

So...Anyone else flying on March 16th - March 18th? Where we all gonna meet? SFO? LAX? I figure there's strength in numbers

KevinB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.