Search

Shuttle Surveys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 1999, 2:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Shuttle Surveys

When flying United Shuttles lately, I have usually been given a survey to complete. They'll have a drawing of participants and give away 2 free domestic tickets, anywhere UAL flies within the 48 contiguous states.

I think I read an article recently indicating that UAL was trying to improve their shuttle service, focusing primarily on their ground services. This survey would indicate they are moving ahead with that plan.

Alaska Shuttle is light years ahead of UAL Shuttle in terms of aircraft, electronic check-in, gate locations (at SEA and PDX at least), staff attitude and FREE Northwest wine and/or micro beer for everybody. But, since I alternate between UAL and AK on shuttles to build up my status miles on both, I would sincerely like to see United catch up.
Old Jul 31, 1999, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
UA has had lots of surveys on lots of flights lately, no matter the routing. And if you read the rules, you probably have a better chance of winning the lotto. And if you win, when you are sitting in row 375 of a 747, you will wonder just what you won. In any event, I do believe that they may take a few more steps toward Shuttle improvement. And on a "competitive route" I usually fly on alaska, out of OAKLAND where the runways dont have to hyperconvulse at the first wisp of fog.
Old Aug 1, 1999, 2:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
I wonder if this has anything to do with American absorbing Reno and so making itself a direct competitor on lots os Shuttle routes?
Old Aug 2, 1999, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
If they spent the survey money putting real half and half back on the shuttle flights, I would be deliriously happy.

I guess a little sandwich would be too much to ask about.
Old Aug 2, 1999, 10:53 am
Commander Catcop

Or Pepperidge Farm Goldfishes (Chedder with Flavor Blasters of Garlic, please) because we all know what a hit those mustard pretzels were!
Old Aug 2, 1999, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think you will see any dairy in Coach on shuttle. They save oodles and oodles of $$$ by not having to have any refrigerated items on the planes. The only consolation is that they have mini 1/2&1/2 creamers (yes, the real thing) in 1st class. So there is a limited amount on the plane. Those they just bag up and keep with the ice. Maybe write them and ask for UHT creamers... its real dairy, and they can sit for days, and not make you sick, and mixed in stuff, its drinkable.
Old Aug 2, 1999, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
You get half and half creamers in 1st? Someone has been holding out on me! I will ask specially next time. I had given up, and was toting my own Starbucks on board.

And please note that I am no longer a junior member. I am not sure how I feel about that.

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 08-02-1999).]
Old Aug 2, 1999, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Brian, if I ever see you on a Shuttle flight, I will make every reasonable effort to see that you get creamers. I will also send my safari mix to you, too
Old Aug 5, 1999, 1:06 am

I think that United has a long way to go to match Alaska's service. I shudder when I have paid a full First Class transcon fare on UA and one segment involves a "Shuttle "flight!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.