Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, I won a trip to Australia on United...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by futaris
Then get a flight on Tiger Airways. It is a real LCC. AU$20 each way for flights between 21 Oct 08 to 11 Dec 08.
Are they reliable? We really don't get any press on them in the U.S. to know how they're performing.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:23 pm

They're reliable, but you must be checked in at least 45 mins before your flight. Checkin opens 2 hrs before, and their terminal in MEL is very basic.

NB, It's only 5:23PM on Sept 24th in LAX as of this post. Still a few hours till he leaves.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Bump to see where and how our friend is?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Talking

So... I'm back! lol

I'm sincerely sorry to all the FT'ers who gave me such great advice and encouragement in this thread... I really should have posted sooner, there's no excuse for taking this long. I hate it when people only tell me half a story, so I'm pretty embarrassed to have done the same to you. Sorry!!

That said, the trip itself was... pure insanity! It was a giant comedy of errors from the get-go. I'd be happy to write it all out for everyone, but I don't want to assume anyone would be all that interested in my random escapades. I've also got tons of pictures and video if anyone is still interested in hearing about it.

BTW, should I start a new thread for any trip updates and such? Or keep it all here?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Monolith2
So... I'm back! lol
I'd be happy to write it all out for everyone, but I don't want to assume anyone would be all that interested in my random escapades.
You are new around here.

Originally Posted by Monolith2
BTW, should I start a new thread for any trip updates and such? Or keep it all here?
You should post in the Trip Reports forum
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I would say give us the "whole ball of wax" in this thread.

If the MOD's move it... so be it.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:31 pm

And don't forget the most important details - did your flight leave on time? where did you sit? was your FA young (50) or old (70)? what book did she read in the galley? did your seat recline? if not did you ask for compensation? did the Capt. have channel 9 on? did you get your choice of entree?

Just kidding of course. Hope your trip was as great as my first trip to Australia - scuba diving off Cairns, horizontal bungee jumping, driving from Brisbane to Sydney
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please do share the story with us, I'd love to hear the details!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Ditto the "the Please share" by Lucky, we would love to hear about your crazy antics...If you have the time to read the Trip Reports or other Threads, you'll see that people pretty much share their entire trip and life story. And better yet people love to read about them too .

Welcome back from down under.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I missed this thread the first time around. This is truly a perfect example of the best of FT and why the UA forum is the best to read when I've exhausted new material in the AA and MR forums. I don't fly UA but dang the FT posters on this forum are so dang funny, informative and witty, I always find wonderful threads to help me procrastinate on whatever I'm procrastinating about.

And to OP, please do spill the beans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.