Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Probably a dumb Q about RCC LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I use my Priority Pass and go to the CO President's Club in Terminal 6 when in LAX. Free bar (limited beer selection, tho), snacks, WiFi. It's just over 5 mins walk from Terminal 7 so no problems getting there and you don't have to go through security again to transit from Terminal 7 to Terminal 6.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
My 1 and Only UA F LAX-SYD flight (almost 2 years ago) didn't get me any drink chits in LAX - but then again, my expectations of UA are sooo low now that its a good day if they don't yell at you

The US based RCC's are awful - at least NW/CO has free drinks (G&T's aren't nearly as dependent on quality as wine) and wifi for everyone there....

The SYD RCC is much better - has free drinks and a few sad food-stuffs. Nothing to compare with even the domestic QF clubs in Australia (or I hear the Virgin Blue Lounges) - not that that helps you much....

Oh, and if you ever have the choice of C/F travel on QF (or NZ) vs UA - jump at it, way better inflight experience, and far nicer lounges....
Old May 27, 2008, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by ANDREWCX
My 1 and Only UA F LAX-SYD flight (almost 2 years ago) didn't get me any drink chits in LAX - but then again, my expectations of UA are sooo low now that its a good day if they don't yell at you
If you had an F seat, why would you slum in the RCC instead of the
United First International Lounge?
Old May 27, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Good point, I think I am mixing trips up....
Old May 27, 2008, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by ANDREWCX

The SYD RCC is much better - has free drinks and a few sad food-stuffs. Nothing to compare with even the domestic QF clubs in Australia (or I hear the Virgin Blue Lounges) - not that that helps you much....
BTW, the SYD RCC is gone.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,50364,00.html

RCC members are to use the ANZ lounge instead.
Old May 27, 2008, 8:22 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
LAX RCC never offered me 2 drink chits when I handed them my C Intl BP.
That's seems cheap of them. I usually don't catch the UG till the gate..
but remember once at SFO RCC getting the 2 drink chits, thought they were just nice there..didn't really know why I got them.

Well now I know.
Old May 27, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MetroAir
I am flying LAX-SYD in Business in early August.

Is it worth trying to upgrade that sector to F Class by paying at the airport? I am on a RTW TG/LH/UA C Class ticket.
Yes, by all means, upgrade this flight by any means that you can. Especially if you are coming from TG and LH flights, you will be sorely disappointed by the lounges, soft product and hard product that UA offers in C.

I'm guessing that this particular RTW product excludes codeshares, otherwise I would say the early arrival into AKL and the connection to SYD would be worth it just to have a proper flat bed and decent service that NZ offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.