Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Westin Heavenly Bed on intl F flights? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Heavenly Bed on intl F flights? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
I'd be happy if they just fixed the jacked up SPG to MP exchange rate ratio. Seem to recall the exchange rate was negatively adjusted during UA's BK.
Until UA starts paying its bills to Starwood (according to a recent thread about Starwood declining UA meal vouchers), I don't see it happening.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Yippeee!

this means that on subsequent P.S. redeye flights I need NOT bring the TWO pillows and fleece b'ankie I've been toting. UA C blankets leave something to be desired...or covered, since they don't really allow me to hide my 5'7" beneath...
I'm hoping, of course, the Westin products are of ample dimensions.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
muh. white sheets!? in an airplane? are they mad?

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I have the entire Westin Heavenly Bed and W Bed mattress and linens at home. Westin's linens are usually starched, making them a bit harder, but fresh and crisp. W hotels sheets are much more softer.
Plus, the Westin sheets are hard because they are Polyester blend. ew! I .....ed at the Westin Bellevue for weeks about that until I realized the whole chain used the blend, and newer sheets just are crisper and feel like sandpaper.

I'm enough of an SPG whore, I'll take the Westin products on p.s. B6 already took the bliss partnership for their transcons...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Maybe UA will pre-emptively replace the new p.s. media players with HD DVDs too!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Maybe UA will pre-emptively replace the new p.s. media players with HD DVDs too!
Now that HD-DVD is effectively a dead format, it makes perfect sense...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Might not be so far-fetched. Didn't the airlines use Beta video tapes for years after the format was phased out of the consumer market?

IIRC one of the main reasons was to minimize "shrinkage".
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:26 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
If you can't wait for this gear to appear, make your way over to FatWallet and read about the 40% off W Hotels The Store discount code:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/804929/

"W Bed, pillows, featherbeds, comforters and sheets"

Observe the Mileage Run Forum rules on this one, kiddies. First one to call in gets moved to the virtual ORD penalty box.
Thanks^

About 2 minutes after I clicked on the link, I was a bath set richer and several hundred $$ poorer
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Westin Hotels & Resorts and UA Team Up to Offer a Heavenly Experience in the Sky

Official announcement:

Westin Hotels & Resorts and United Airlines Team Up to Offer a Heavenly Experience in the Sky
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Interesting. I wonder what the Westin renewal area in RCC would be like. If they follow Westin Portland (OR)'s lead, it'll be random pieces of Godiva chocolate laid out for consumption - not a bad idea, mind you.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Westin Heavenly Bed on p.s. flights?

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/tic...065&Symbol=HOT

I boarded my LAX-JFK p.s. redeye last week looking forward to the new Westin bedding--and found the dirty blue blanket instead. First Class didn't have Westin bedding either.

Has anyone had the new Westin blankets on their flights yet? Any idea when they will come?
Old May 12, 2008, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/tic...065&Symbol=HOT ... Has anyone had the new Westin blankets on their flights yet? Any idea when they will come? ...
Probably when they reach the state, when could no longer be used in hotels.
Old May 12, 2008, 6:08 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
With the new-C and new-F rollout as your expectation-setter, expect months of delays in the implementation of all new UA products.

Incidentally, United's blankets are one product area that I find consistently good. Prior to all red-eyes in my experience, each First seat always has its own blanket, freshly washed and packaged in plastic wrap, and usually arranged neatly on the seat with an accompanying pillow.
Old May 12, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
LOL - the title of this thread made me smile . I was wondering how UA was getting the very comfy Westin Heavenly beds onto the plane

Now that would be heavenly!
Old May 12, 2008, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
each First seat always has its own blanket, freshly washed and packaged in plastic wrap
You're much less cynical than I am. Do you know that it's washed, or do you assume that because it's packaged in plastic wrap it must be washed? I've heard from some FA's that they just package it to make it look fresh and don't actually wash it to cut down on costs at times, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Regardless, I bring my own blanket as I don't wanna know what people have done with them...
Old May 12, 2008, 7:19 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Regardless, I bring my own blanket as I don't wanna know what people have done with them...
Don't you think that's rather excessive? I like to pack light, and I can't imagine lugging a bulky blanket around all day. And even if UA's blanket is not thoroughly washed between all flights, it only goes on top of my clothes, anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.