Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United.com error / Chase Platinum EQM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:39 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
I booked a ticket on the phone recently that, as far as I know, cannot be booked online (H class with a segment on LH). Is there any way to argue for the plat visa EQM or am I out of luck?
In this case, one should call web support and have them manually make the reservation for you. Although the receipt will not show Rosemont, Illinois, you can later contact Chase inform them that problems with the web site meant that United web support had to issue the ticket ,and the EQMs need to be manually added.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
In this case, one should call web support and have them manually make the reservation for you. Although the receipt will not show Rosemont, Illinois, you can later contact Chase inform them that problems with the web site meant that United web support had to issue the ticket ,and the EQMs need to be manually added.
Does it mean that in order to receive EQM for United.com purchase, the receipt must show Rosemont, IL?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by superEGO
... has anyone had to do this and gotten it to work?

by this i mean, calling united.com websupport for the ticketing, NOT any other ticketing number.
Yes, so many times that it is hard to count them. The error message that you got often happens when there is something wrong with the credit card in your profile -- even a simple thing like you got a new card with a different expiration date.

The point of issue will show up as the web support location (reported as PUNE, MAHARAS IL) so you are due any web booking related bonii. BTW, I suspect the reason for showing "IL" as the location as if were shown as India many credit card companies charge a foreign fee even when then amount is in US$.

If you don't get them after a reasonable time you have to call Chase.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jul 22, 2008 at 9:02 pm
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Does it mean that in order to receive EQM for United.com purchase, the receipt must show Rosemont, IL?
Yes usually
but it has been report the some Web Support bookings showing PUNE, MAHARAS IL also work
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:46 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
Yet another variable on chasing Chase EQMs:

I have been watching some domestic tickets bought online which were re-fared for a lower price by a regular 1K line telephone CSR. To be clear, the refaring I'm talking about is supposedly possible online, but I rarely find that functional so I call and supposedly arrange to have vouchers sent to me (I have yet to receive them three or four months later, but that's another matter). I had assumed that by re-faring the tickets that they were essentially reticketed, and that this makes the tickets ineligible for the Chase EQMs.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it seems that I have been given the EQMs. And this for the original price paid, not the lower fare.

I can't be absolutely sure that this is what's going on. There are actually a lot of variables in play here. And without actual postings for the accrual of EQMs, one has to deduce it. But I thought that I would report my experience. Perhaps someone else might have experience with this?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:20 am

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes usually
but it has been report the some Web Support bookings showing PUNE, MAHARAS IL also work
This just happened to me today. Booked the flight on 6/19, statement closed with Chase on 7/12, and extra miles posted today for MAHARAS IL. I think that's also where Lincoln had his web support office during the civil war

No intervention (secure email to Chase) required.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Another Visa EQM question

Trying to purchase on ua.com to get the Visa EQM bonus, SEA-FRA-EDI and then back EDI-FRA-SEA in late dec '09. The flights are LH (BMI codeshare) and they will only come up online if I put it in as a multi-city trip. After I select the flights and press continue, an error comes up, "We're sorry - The flight option you selected is no longer available. Please try your search again." If I call web-support, will they be able to manually place the reservations, so then I can get the visa EQM bonus? Thanks for the help
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by oly_flyer
Trying to purchase on ua.com to get the Visa EQM bonus, SEA-FRA-EDI and then back EDI-FRA-SEA in late dec '09. The flights are LH (BMI codeshare) and they will only come up online if I put it in as a multi-city trip. After I select the flights and press continue, an error comes up, "We're sorry - The flight option you selected is no longer available. Please try your search again." If I call web-support, will they be able to manually place the reservations, so then I can get the visa EQM bonus? Thanks for the help
I believe the Visa EQM bonus is only for UA flights purchased on UA.com... though I could be wrong here.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:12 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I believe the Visa EQM bonus is only for UA flights purchased on UA.com... though I could be wrong here.
AFAIK, code share segments count as well. For example, ORD-DUB(via LHR) flying United to LHR should accrue EQMs for tickets purchased at united.com even if you have BD segments to and from LHR-DUB.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by evanroberts
This just happened to me today. Booked the flight on 6/19, statement closed with Chase on 7/12, and extra miles posted today for MAHARAS IL. I think that's also where Lincoln had his web support office during the civil war

No intervention (secure email to Chase) required.
In the past, one had to contact Chase via their private messaging system to get EQM credit for web support issued tickets. This has been a more recent and welcomed development with Chase in the past 6 months or so whereby they have some method to recognize that Puni Majaras Illinois tickets are actually issued via web support.^
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Don't have an informed answer, but *A flights booked on united.com do count for 2xpurchase price RDMs. (T&Cs explicitly state this)
I believe any 016 ticket on united.com will receive EQM credit with the Platinum Card ... how can Chase separate out the UA portion from the non-UA portion???
The T&Cs state
Earning EQM: Upon enrollment in the program, you will receive a one-time bonus of 5,000 EQM. Also, you can earn up to 5,000 additional EQM each Year at a rate of 1 EQM per $1 of eligible Net Purchases made on United.com. ...
The question is the definition of "eligible."
Old Jul 20, 2009, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't have an informed answer, but *A flights booked on united.com do count for 2xpurchase price RDMs. (T&Cs explicitly state this)
I believe any 016 ticket on united.com will receive EQM credit with the Platinum Card ... how can Chase separate out the UA portion from the non-UA portion???
The T&Cs state

The question is the definition of "eligible."
Also counts by phone with other *A carriers. I had a $200 voucher for US and I had to book via US CS phone. Got 2mi/$1 for the ticket purchase as it showed up under Star Alliance Purchases on my statement.

Was a pretty nice surprise. ^
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:17 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
AFAIK, code share segments count as well. For example, ORD-DUB(via LHR) flying United to LHR should accrue EQMs for tickets purchased at united.com even if you have BD segments to and from LHR-DUB.
This has been my experience. Most of my tickets purchased with the card have been WLG - MSP or v.v. (impossible without at least a WLG - SYD codeshare) and I have received EQM for the whole USD cost of the ticket.

Obviously the ticket does break down the amount that goes to UA and that which goes to the other carrier (in my case, NZ), but you get the full amount of EQM.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Superguy
Also counts by phone with other *A carriers. I had a $200 voucher for US and I had to book via US CS phone. Got 2mi/$1 for the ticket purchase as it showed up under Star Alliance Purchases on my statement.

Was a pretty nice surprise. ^
Actually, it works for any *A purchase - web, phone, ticket counter and I believe it is indicated in the T&Cs.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
You learn something new everyday. I wasn't aware that the EQMs were only for ual.com purchases. So anytime I've used a voucher, I was SOL when it came to getting EQMs.

That said, I recently e-mailed Chase Visa and was told that since I have two cards, I can earn up to 10K EQMs. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.