Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Rosemont is no longer the only place to get EQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis

Looking at my last statement, I see that we earned Visa EQM for a ticket charge from PUNE, MAHARAS IL. This was web support, so apparently they can make the distinction between web support tickets and phone charges (since those also appear from PUNE, MAHARAS IL), and the old theory that the charge be from ROSEMONT IL needs to be updated.

(There is a thread from a year ago talking about whether the PUNE charges would credit as EQM, but I didn't really want to resurrect such an old thread. If a moderator feel otherwise, however, the thread ID is 686868.)
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I did not realize that you got EQM from .com purchases...just RDM.

I really don't think I have ever received any EQM.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
I did not realize that you got EQM from .com purchases...just RDM.

I really don't think I have ever received any EQM.

You do on the Chase Platinum Visa, up to $5000 of purchases, which is the entire attraction of that card.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Platinum MP Visa gives you 1 EQM for every $ spent at United up to 5000 per year. In addition if you spend $35,000 in a year you get another 5000 EQM.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Looking at my last statement, I see that we earned Visa EQM for a ticket charge from PUNE, MAHARAS IL. This was web support, so apparently they can make the distinction between web support tickets and phone charges (since those also appear from PUNE, MAHARAS IL), and the old theory that the charge be from ROSEMONT IL needs to be updated.

(There is a thread from a year ago talking about whether the PUNE charges would credit as EQM, but I didn't really want to resurrect such an old thread. If a moderator feel otherwise, however, the thread ID is 686868.)
Never knew that Pune, Maharashtra (India) was in Illinois! (Maybe they should put a "IN" there!)

That must mean that you spoke to the Indian call center there!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Mar 4, 2008 at 2:53 am
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
That must mean that you spoke to the Indian call center there!
That's where web support is.

Maybe they should put a "IN" there!
That would put it in Indiana...
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
i have charged some flights this year and havent seen the EQM , when do they show up, these charges are from jan,

thanks
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
That's where web support is.
I think we know this!

That would put it in Indiana...
Then let them put it as: "IND".
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Then let them put it as: "IND".
Which, not surprisingly, is also an abbreviation for Indiana. Given that (lexically only!) "Indiana" begins with "India," you're not going to find a good abbreviation.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by cepheid
Which, not surprisingly, is also an abbreviation for Indiana. Given that (lexically only!) "Indiana" begins with "India," you're not going to find a good abbreviation.
Also the airport code for Indianapolis....

Why dont they just make it easy and say ICC haha?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
In my experience, flights I've booked through united.com have shown up on my credit card statement as originating in Rosemont IL.

A flight I booked over the phone as a non-elite gave me a charge originating in "Pune, Maharas IL". I did not know the State of Illinois had annexed part of India. :-)

I have not yet booked a flight over the phone as an elite, but I would not be surprised to find Honolulu or Rapid City show up on my statement.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Trvlr
A flight I booked over the phone as a non-elite gave me a charge originating in "Pune, Maharas IL". I did not know the State of Illinois had annexed part of India. :-)
This curious, um, relocation makes me wonder whether the algorithm for assigning EQMs just scans the locations for "IL". Are there UA charge locations in IL that don't give EQMs? (I'm not sure I've tried them all....)
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDProf
wonder whether the algorithm for assigning EQMs just scans the locations for "IL".
I'm pretty sure not all PUNE MAHARIS IL charges will get EQM. They must have a way of flagging the right charges.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I hadn't realized the EQM credit policy was so stringent

Back in Feb I put two itins on hold via .bomb and ticketed them at the airport in order to use CS certs. I didn't notice when the statement came, but it indeed shows the charges as coming from Seattle, WA -- and no bonus EQMs have hit my account

Anyone have experience getting Chase bonus EQM credit for United ticket charges at the airport ticket counter?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I hadn't realized the EQM credit policy was so stringent

... on hold via .bomb and ticketed them at the airport in order to use CS certs.....

Anyone have experience getting Chase bonus EQM credit for United ticket charges at the airport ticket counter?
The MP Visa T&Cs clearly state purchased at www.united.com, so I would suspect no likelihood of an "one time exception"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.