Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do Global Services Members get automatic 1K status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Global Services Members get automatic 1K status?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: United GS/3MM Delta Platinum ,AA platinum,Marriott platinum,Hilton Diamond VIP,Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UA840
So does anyone know definitively if non-1K GS are granted SWUs? Are there any non-1K GS FTers that confirm if SWUs are, or are not, the case?
The GS statues is above all other statues. Beside the 6 SWU, you will receive
Few more mid year. Also they are much more special services that available
Only for GS. On Intl. travel, GS can use shower. Automatic concierge on connection's.
Also Hertz special services.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by 1K2M
Few more mid year.
Please explain. You will get more for going over a certain mileage level, but getting them just for being a GS is inaccurate.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
It would make sense to do so, since they treat GS so highly.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
It would make sense to do so, since they treat GS so highly.
Make sense? Yeah, I guess.

Just commenting on an inaccurate statement.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Make sense? Yeah, I guess.

Just commenting on an inaccurate statement.
You're right, but the GS rumors will continue to fly. I've even seen FAs post blatantly false info about GS on here
Old Oct 26, 2008, 9:49 pm

Few more mid year. Also they are much more special services that available
Only for GS. On Intl. travel, GS can use shower. Automatic concierge on connection's.
Also Hertz special services.
I am well aware of the GS benefits. However, for the last number of years that I have been GS I have also qualified for 1k. This looks to be the first year where I may make the GS qualifications but not also be 1k. My question is if anyone can state definitively that non-1k GS will also receive (or not receive) SWUs.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 9:27 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I am well aware of the GS benefits. However, for the last number of years that I have been GS I have also qualified for 1k. This looks to be the first year where I may make the GS qualifications but not also be 1k. My question is if anyone can state definitively that non-1k GS will also receive (or not receive) SWUs.
Maybe you should call and ask the GS desk? Looking for a definitive answer on FT when so much information about GS here is based on anecdotal evidence might not be as reliable, particularly when the question is as important as this one.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 2:11 am

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
I am well aware of the GS benefits. However, for the last number of years that I have been GS I have also qualified for 1k. .... My question is if anyone can state definitively that non-1k GS will also receive (or not receive) SWUs.
In the past when I qualified for GS, but not 1K, I DID receive the 6 SWU's.

.... Automatic concierge on connection's.
never once experienced this as a GS in 100+ flights another GS myth!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 30, 2008 at 9:24 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 30, 2008, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hh1
never once experienced this as a GS in 100+ flights another GS myth!
It's not a published benefit, but I've seen it on every international connection I've been on (over 20 times this year).
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jgsx
It's not a published benefit, but I've seen it on every international connection I've been on (over 20 times this year).
I guess I must be doing something wrong then Do I need to request the concierge to meet me? It would be nice to have someone help me when I am sprinting from Intl to T1 at ORD to make my connection!
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hh1
I guess I must be doing something wrong then Do I need to request the concierge to meet me? It would be nice to have someone help me when I am sprinting from Intl to T1 at ORD to make my connection!
They do it when you have a connection at an airport outside of North America, so you won't see it at ORD, but would see it at an airport like LHR. It's automatic. They'll be waiting for you outside the plane. They'll have a sign with your name on it.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by hh1
The concierges are there usually for GS and F pax if there is a chance of a misconnection. On Friday at M21 (), there were only three pax in F (a rev, a non-rev and moi) and the concierge was there. I started talking to him since I know him well and he checked me in for the outbound to LHR on Monday and he said that he had to take of the other pax in F because of a messed-up connection.

The last three times before that flight there was no concierge to meet the plane because there were no "issues" upon landing (for me: no connections at LHR or ORD).

If necessary, you can ask the purser to have a GS rep meet you if you actually need one upon arrival and the flight deck will call it in.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The concierges are there usually for GS and F pax if there is a chance of a misconnection.

If necessary, you can ask the purser to have a GS rep meet you if you actually need one upon arrival and the flight deck will call it in.
Very disappointing not to have ever seen one at ORD when arriving Intl (not in the last 2-3 years at least in numerous flights) - only ever see the guys with wheelchairs. Last time after sprinting over to T1 to catch my connecting flight they closed the door straight after I boarded. (flight left a couple of minutes early, so they weren't waiting for me, before anyone complains!). Would have been nice to have a concierge reassure me that i could make the connection though. Other than making a tight connection after a delay, I guess I don't need the concierge though!
Old Nov 30, 2008, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by hh1
Very disappointing not to have ever seen one at ORD when arriving Intl (not in the last 2-3 years at least in numerous flights) - only ever see the guys with wheelchairs.
They don't do much if there are no problems other than handing F/GS passengers an itinerary card with connecting gate and lounge information on it (as mentioned). But IME, they're usually there when I arrive in intl F @ ORD (even if arriving on time with no problems). Odd that you've never seen one.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA-GS, HH-Diamond, Priority Club Platnum
Global Service without 1K

This year I retained Global Service status but only flew 59,000 miles last year. I did not recieve the (6) SWU's this year and my status at dotbomb says Premier Executive Global Services.

Note: In 2007 I was just under 100K and I did get the (6) SWU's so something has changed in the system.

I have also received the plane side transport at LHR - this has only happed to me once and was a nice benefit.

I also use the Arrivals Suite at LHR every time I land there - another very nice benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.