Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

2008 Elite Choice Team Competition Status Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Choice Team Competition Status Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'll put myself up for a spot.

I did 25,300 EQMs in 07 (virtually all personal), but will be joining a consulting company in march and have at least one asia trip planned. I could be good for 75k-100k net EQMs.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
If anyone needs a team member, please contact me.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've been thinking about a good way to manage team recruiting on this thread.

In my mind it's pretty obvious that when offering yourself as a candidate for a new team you'll want to compare 2007 EQM to 2008 EQM and find the difference to determine your relative benefit.

For instance, I'm barely a 1P this year (50,164EQMs) and I'm shooting for 1K (34k EQMs by 2/10). At a bare minimum, I'll be +50k EQM.

I propose (O for Offer):
O: 1 member @ +50k EQM

When you have an existing partially-formed team, the thought is that you may not want to share your net expected positive in the forum, but you may want to state how many team members you're looking for with a base positive EQM per member.

I propose (N for Need):
N: 2 members @ +80k EQM each

Those that are interested in joining (if O) or recruiting (if N and you see an O) should handle their business via PM.

I invite others to adapt on my strategy and comment on it.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K-2MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mechteach
Good god, man! Are you ever at home?!

Did the GS status mean that you kept all of your EQMs in the UA program, or did you spread some of them around?
The 392K was all *A with about 250K on UA. It doesn't include non-*A airlines which would have addded another 20K.

Anyway...I'm not a great team member from a '07 to '08 difference perspective, but I can commit roughly the same mileage as last year if anyone needs it.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I hate when previous high mileage hurts you.

I would have earned some really nice things from choices last year had I not been starting as a 1K. I did about 150K last year and have no idea what this year has in store. Could be a barely 1K requal or 250K flying Star to NSI ends up being the most cost effective option.

Someone can have me if you want but I am not promising any real performance.

By summer I will know if I am a good contestant.

My guess is that all winning teams will have over 60K average per person increase.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
I forsee a net gain over last year for me of about 50,000 miles - and I will gladly join a team of similar individuals, but I think joining any team right now wouldn't make sense until you get a better feel for you actual mileage. If the deadline isn't until September, why commit until you know someone's mileage for sure?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:22 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I had 67k UA EQMs and 266k NW EQMs last year. I am definitely planning on getting to 1K on UA this year but can shift significantly more mileage over if it makes sense. I hope that I have a lot fewer overall EQMs this year but I still should easily be able to get a 40-50k mile increase for UA.

This being said, I think it makes sense to wait a few months to join a team but I don't want to wait too long because I will be making decisions on how to steer my mileage once I get to 1K on UA and PE on NW. I think sometime in the May/June timeframe is when I would like to find a good team to join.

But it probably makes sense to find preliminary partners now based on anticipted mileage. I would expect team #50 to be in the 250k-300k range which means that the team would need to average about 65k-75k increase per team member. I can probably be in that range so if you would be interested in forming a "preliminary team" now with the intent of registering about mid-year, PM me.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
If the rules make this competition totally unattractive for anyone to participate, this thread will fade away into FT abyss.
This thread is fading partly due to United has not opened the Team Entry page on its website. What are they waiting for?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
This thread is fading partly due to United has not opened the Team Entry page on its website. What are they waiting for?
Waiting to see how to change the rules and format given our discussion?

One could hope....
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
How to register?

Hi all,

Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question, but how do I register? I've already got a group of 4, but how do I start the registration? Do I have to register as an individual first and then once team registration opens do that part? Of course, there is nothing helpful that I can find on the United website that is obvious or searchable.

Help please. :-)

-OxyChaz
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:28 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Dang this thread is long

So I'll bite. I would love to join a team, sadly I wish I knew about this last year. In 06 I flew 60k and in 07 120k, this year as of know I plan to fly 100k or more, so far I have 47k booked through April. So I've got a good start to the year I think.

If anyone needs a teammte PM Me.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by OxyChaz
Hi all,

Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question, but how do I register? I've already got a group of 4, but how do I start the registration? Do I have to register as an individual first and then once team registration opens do that part? Of course, there is nothing helpful that I can find on the United website that is obvious or searchable.

Help please. :-)

-OxyChaz
Registration apparently has not been opened yet as of today ( 1/24/08).
See Post #3. Once it is open, I will update Post #3.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: Various
Registration is now open! Also, on the main Elite Choice page, the following was just added to the box that links to the contest:

"BONUS: The first 250 teams to register each receive 1,000 EQM (250 EQM per member)."
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mechteach
"BONUS: The first 250 teams to register each receive 1,000 EQM (250 EQM per member)."
We have no chance at all, but the 250 EQM looks good.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:09 am

Offering ~50-60k EQM

1P current, will move to 1K next year.

O: 50-60k

Anyone want me in their team?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.