Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-Dubai to start soon

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by haddon90
that would be great. i'm sure there is a lot of traffic that would do IAD-KWI, but i think the loads right now are low. fill that plane up! if UA does go to DXB, i would love to do a stopover in KWI just to say i've been to kuwait.
Loads to KWI are currently about 65% - and the flight is still extremely profitable. Adding extra customers connecting to/from DXB would be all profit. ^
Old May 3, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Premier
Originally Posted by C-5Crewdog
Loads to KWI are currently about 65% - and the flight is still extremely profitable. Adding extra customers connecting to/from DXB would be all profit. ^
IIRC, the Kuwait flight is weight restricted. Usually cargo loses out on weight-restricted flights, but it seems that cargo is more profitable than passengers for that route.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 8:16 pm

Interesting, this went really quiet after the initial press (aside from a random announcement late last week regarding Qatar airways and KWI, as well as KWI going daily).

Anything new here?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Just a matter of time IMHO, Dubai is now a major hub in the world very much like LHR, NRT.. and it's going to be growing, growing..
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:17 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Well this thread certainly supports the rumor of IAD-KWI-DXB service, and the consensus from FTers seems to be that it is likely.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
..... is DXB still in UA's plan. It has been months since the original news on starting DXB services would be coming 'soon"!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
..... is DXB still in UA's plan. It has been months since the original news on starting DXB services would be coming 'soon"!
nooo, when I saw that this thread had been bumped, I was hoping/expecting/praying that UA had finally announced Dubai.

Cheers,
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Still no idea...however..

There is the KWI-DXB TG flight that does fit well with the IAD-KWI flight if you want to get EQM and RDM.

Rasheed
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surprisingly enough I have been hearing that they're considering it but it isn't in the immediate plans, which is somewhat surprising since it seemed almost certain based on what I read here.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rasheed
There is the KWI-DXB TG flight that does fit well with the IAD-KWI flight if you want to get EQM and RDM.
ZRH-DXB on LX works well, too.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1P
I wouldn't be suprised if somthing happens once Dubai's new airport opens. My undestanding is that DXB would be become an emeritas only airport and all foreign airlines would use the new airport.

Currently DXB appears to operate all night. My flight from DXB-VIE was scheduled to leave at 3:00am a couple weeks ago. Delays turned that departure into 6:15am. Yuck
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
If I remember reading somewhere correctly, it was something to do with an issue of gates in DXB but before that, UA was considering it very seriously. THat is probably why the speculation seemed so certain and then died down when it couldnt come to terms with the airport.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
I think Dubai Airport Authority would be delighted to have a US airline fly to the airport. Delta flies from ATL daily, but UA would make a great addition. If UA flies from IAD or JFK or wherever, load factors will be high. Also, it would add prestige to both the airport AND the airline.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Didn't Continental (CO) recently announce Dubai service from Houston?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: Car seems to be the mode of transport these days. I do not miss all the travel
Iad - Dub

Dubai certainly seems to be on a push for tourism, but IMHO it's all about show and there won't be much grow. There appears to be little for the "regular" tourist to do in Dubai except watch the sand. They really don't want "regular" tourists, just lots of people with cash, preferably men.
I'm also wondering if all their orders for airbus will actually materialize. If they think they are going to be the hub of ???? they might have a very rude awakening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.