Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting US to recognize UA status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seanp7
It depends WHICH boarding pass, ime. Online Check-In with US gets it right every time for me (UA*G, Premier Executive is what it puts on the boarding pass), but a machine checkin with US yields "Premier" (even though I'm 1P), with all the *G benefits (Zone 1). It's all a bit confusing.
This is exactly what I get but Mrs KP certainly doesn't - her machine boarding pass always shows nothing but her 25% bonus miles post fine. Very weird.

KiwiPanda
Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Either way, no upgrades for UA elites on US.
Do have a better class of rubbish in the seat pocket and crumbs all over the floor in US F than Y when you board the plane.

KiwiPanda
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
[QUOTE=KiwiPanda;7292185]I wonder whether US recognizes 2P as elite as it isn't *G. As a 1P my boarding pass with a UA number always lists me as *G and Zone 1. Mrs KP as a 2P always gets Zone 2 and often doesn't have 'Premier' or anything on her pass. Just wondering what other's experiences might be ...

KiwiPanda

QUOTE]

US will recognize it as Star Silver and about the only benefit youll receive is boarding in Zone 2 with Silver Preferred members. You will not be able to access first class/preferred check in or the first class/preferred security lines. Youll notice the signage says First Class/Dividend Miles Preferred/Star Gold.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KiwiPanda
Do have a better class of rubbish in the seat pocket and crumbs all over the floor in US F than Y when you board the plane.

KiwiPanda
Dont knock US Airways until UA becomes a perfect airline. UA is no better than US.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by mrhotelman
Dont knock US Airways until UA becomes a perfect airline. UA is no better than US.
Yes it is. It is a lot better than US. I can't think of one area where US beats it. You are absolutely 100% wrong.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Yes it is. It is a lot better than US. I can't think of one area where US beats it. You are absolutely 100% wrong.
You are the one that is wrong. UA is not any better than US. Both airlines have their good points and their bad points. But here are some big points in which US is better than UA:

1) US gives its elite members unlimited complimentary first class upgrades, UA
does not. Granted US first class is not the best, but its a lot better than sitting in coach or E+.
2) US has hubs in locations that are not as affected as much by weather problems as UA.
3) US support departments (website support, refunds, customer relations, etc.) are still based in the United States. When you call those departments you get an agent who is here in the States and speaks English. The calls dont get farmed off to India.

So if I were you, I'd rethink saying I am 100% wrong. Plus if you have such a dislike for US, dont fly on them. Stick with flying on UA.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:36 pm

1) US gives its elite members unlimited complimentary first class upgrades, UA
does not. Granted US first class is not the best, but its a lot better than sitting in coach or E+.
You hit the nail on the head. US F is a disgrace. It is the Greyhound Bus of first class air travel. That is why US upgrades people for free; no one is paying for that nonsense.

2) US has hubs in locations that are not as affected as much by weather problems as UA.
Hahaha that is classic. Cause US runs its PHL hub oh so well. What happened in December a couple years ago? Oh, that's right.

3) US support departments (website support, refunds, customer relations, etc.) are still based in the United States. When you call those departments you get an agent who is here in the States and speaks English. The calls dont get farmed off to India.
Neither do mine. The 1K desk is absolutely fantastic.

So if I were you, I'd rethink saying I am 100% wrong. Plus if you have such a dislike for US, dont fly on them. Stick with flying on UA.
You are still 100% wrong.

And believe me, I stick with UA as much as possible. Made the mistake of taking US to DUB once - oh man. What a disgrace.

Here are some reasons why UA is better than US:

1) Cleaner aircraft
2) E+
3) Channel 9
4) Asia
5) More hubs
6) exPlus

I could go on and on.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=mrhotelman;7292953]
I wonder whether US recognizes 2P as elite as it isn't *G. As a 1P my boarding pass with a UA number always lists me as *G and Zone 1. Mrs KP as a 2P always gets Zone 2 and often doesn't have 'Premier' or anything on her pass. Just wondering what other's experiences might be ...

KiwiPanda

QUOTE]

US will recognize it as Star Silver and about the only benefit youll receive is boarding in Zone 2 with Silver Preferred members. You will not be able to access first class/preferred check in or the first class/preferred security lines. Youll notice the signage says First Class/Dividend Miles Preferred/Star Gold.
Thanks mrhotelman for the clarification - appreciate the effort. We'll have to agree to disagree on which is best.

KiwiPanda
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Originally Posted by seanp7
It depends WHICH boarding pass, ime. Online Check-In with US gets it right every time for me (UA*G, Premier Executive is what it puts on the boarding pass), but a machine checkin with US yields "Premier" (even though I'm 1P), with all the *G benefits (Zone 1). It's all a bit confusing.
This has been exactly my experience with US.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I dont believe that US gives complimetary upgrades for international destinations? Do they have something like SWUs?

I would still prefer UA to ANY international destination, domestically PS ROCKS! Donno if US has any flagship or PS service.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:52 pm

Do you want me to continue the list of things where UA is better?

7) ps service
8) much better IFE generally (p@assport is nice on the 4 planes that have it )

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 25, 2007 at 3:58 pm Reason: reference to deleted post
Old Feb 25, 2007, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
They let me check in at the first class line in LAS as a 2P.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
I wonder whether US recognizes 2P as elite as it isn't *G. As a 1P my boarding pass with a UA number always lists me as *G and Zone 1. Mrs KP as a 2P always gets Zone 2 and often doesn't have 'Premier' or anything on her pass. Just wondering what other's experiences might be ...

KiwiPanda
Well boarding in Zone 2 would be better than the Zone 7s that I’ve had on my last two US flights. Also, in Detroit at the Smith Terminal (everyone except SkyTeam), the security line can be ridiculously long and they let members at any elite status into the first class line. For those who’ve asked I do get all of my MP credit and bonuses and it does not seem to make a difference whether I check in on-line or at the airport or if I add my MP number when I book the ticket or when I arrive at the airport.

Thanks for all the help.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
DCA v. IAD.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by haveric
DCA v. IAD.
US has the fortune of not having any international flights out of DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.