FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Getting US to recognize UA status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/664445-getting-us-recognize-ua-status.html)

SfoDtwFlr Feb 25, 2007 6:27 am

Getting US to recognize UA status

I made 2P on United last year for the first time. However when I fly on US Airways (with my united number in the reservation) I am not recognized as a elite. I know there are no upgrades, but I would like to use the elite check in and get on the plane earlier. I asked the GA about this today and she re-entered my MP number and said that the computer says that I am not an elite. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a card from UA so I don't really have any proof that I am in fact an elite. I haven't had any problems with the status appearing when flying UA. Any advice would be appreciated.

Fiumicino Feb 25, 2007 6:56 am

I have noticed a lapse superior to one year for status with US Airways, on both AC and UA membership cards. This is another US' mystery.

heffa Feb 25, 2007 7:19 am

Re-enter the MP number at check-in (online or in person) doesn't always do the trick. The number one US trick is to re-enter it at the gate. Seems that they have two places to enter the MP number...

CPMaverick Feb 25, 2007 7:43 am

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 7291813)
Re-enter the MP number at check-in (online or in person) doesn't always do the trick. The number one US trick is to re-enter it at the gate. Seems that they have two places to enter the MP number...

The OP stated he tried just that.

heffa Feb 25, 2007 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr (Post 7291721)
I asked the GA about this today and she re-entered my MP number and said that the computer says that I am not an elite. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a card from UA so I don't really have any proof that I am in fact an elite.

Is your Elite status very "new"?

Even if it says that you're 2P on-line at united.bomb, it can take very long time before all other non-United system recognize it. Up to a month, or similar.

magiciansampras Feb 25, 2007 8:12 am

US' computer systems are not friendly to MP numbers. I'll often add it at 3 different points and it still won't take, and then I'm doing the whole FAX/mailing of the boarding pass thing to get the flights to post. Very irritating.

KiwiPanda Feb 25, 2007 9:04 am

I wonder whether US recognizes 2P as elite as it isn't *G. As a 1P my boarding pass with a UA number always lists me as *G and Zone 1. Mrs KP as a 2P always gets Zone 2 and often doesn't have 'Premier' or anything on her pass. Just wondering what other's experiences might be ...

KiwiPanda

PS: yes, I always end up entering my number thrice as well.

Arishap Feb 25, 2007 9:24 am

Do you all get full credit and status bonus with flying US but using your UA number?

magiciansampras Feb 25, 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Arishap (Post 7292285)
Do you all get full credit and status bonus with flying US but using your UA number?

You get credit and whatever bonuses per your elite level (100% at 1K, etc.), but the miles/segments do not count towards UA upgrades.

KiwiPanda Feb 25, 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Arishap (Post 7292285)

Yes

stevenshev Feb 25, 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by KiwiPanda (Post 7292185)
I wonder whether US recognizes 2P as elite as it isn't *G. As a 1P my boarding pass with a UA number always lists me as *G and Zone 1. Mrs KP as a 2P always gets Zone 2 and often doesn't have 'Premier' or anything on her pass. Just wondering what other's experiences might be ...

KiwiPanda

PS: yes, I always end up entering my number thrice as well.

That's weird. My US BPs always say 1K not UA*G and UA BPs w/ US FFNs always say Chairman's Preferred or such.

seanp7 Feb 25, 2007 9:35 am

It depends WHICH boarding pass, ime. Online Check-In with US gets it right every time for me (UA*G, Premier Executive is what it puts on the boarding pass), but a machine checkin with US yields "Premier" (even though I'm 1P), with all the *G benefits (Zone 1). It's all a bit confusing.

Tom92591 Feb 25, 2007 9:38 am

well if it takes awhile you mite as well apply for one of the us air credit cards that offers early boarding I did and cancled and kept the plastic

gj83 Feb 25, 2007 9:41 am

I hit 1P in December. I have booked and flown 3 trips on US since hitting status. My OLCI says Premier and my BPs printing at the airport say nothing, but do list boarding zone 2.

BenjaminNYC Feb 25, 2007 9:44 am

The UA MP number must be entered into each US segment by the CSR/GA/US Club agent as follows:

"UA xxxxxxxxxxx/US"

What this does is tell Appolo (or whomever they use) to credit the US segment to UA. Most agents simply don't know how to do this. If this is done correctly, your UA status will show. If not, you may not get credit.

Either way, no upgrades for UA elites on US.