Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:04 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jackk
Still nothing?
still nothing
(at least nothing report on FT)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
After a long drought

Dear WineCountryUA,

As a member of Mileage Plus®, you've been enjoying the opportunity to earn award miles by flying, renting cars, staying at hotels, dining out, shopping and even watching movies. Now there's another way to earn award miles quickly — just tell your friends about Mileage Plus.

The more friends you refer, the larger the bonus you'll receive — up to 10,000 bonus award miles if five friends join and fly.

Better yet, your friends will earn bonus miles too.

You earn:2,000 bonus award miles when a friend completes a paid, qualifying trip on United® or United Express®

Each friend earns: 5,000 bonus award miles for completing a paid, qualifying trip on United or United Express

You can earn the bonus for up to five friends. Each of your friends can earn the bonus once.

Here's how it works:
1. Invite your friends to join Mileage Plus at united.com
2. Once enrolled, your friends register for the promotion at united.com/mgmb using their new Mileage Plus number
3. Important: Friends must also enter your invitation code so you can both start earning the bonus award miles
4. Your invitation code is: xxxxxxx
5. When your friends register for the promotion with the correct invitation code, you'll get a confirmation email

Thanks for helping us spread the word about Mileage Plus. Be sure to talk to your friends, colleagues — even family members — about joining today.

Sincerely,

Your Mileage Plus team
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
New referral bonus

This is targeted. (Note: this version is not quite the same as what WineCountryUA posted.)

As a member of Mileage Plus®, you've been enjoying the opportunity to earn award miles by flying, renting cars, staying at hotels, dining out, shopping and even watching movies. Now there's another way to earn award miles quickly - just tell your friends about Mileage Plus. The more friends you refer, the larger the bonus you'll receive - up to 15,000 bonus award miles if five friends join and fly. Better yet, your friends will earn bonus miles too.

You earn:
  1. 1,000 bonus award miles when a friend joins Mileage Plus
  2. 2,000 bonus award miles when a friend completes a paid, qualifying trip on United® or United Express®
Each friend earns:
  1. 1,000 bonus award miles for joining Mileage Plus
  2. 5,000 bonus award miles for completing a paid, qualifying trip on United or United Express
You can earn the bonus for up to five friends. Each of your friends can earn the bonus once. Here's how it works:
  1. Invite your friends to join Mileage Plus at united.com
  2. Once enrolled, your friends register for the promotion at united.com/mgma using their new Mileage Plus number
  3. Important: Friends must also enter your invitation code so you can both start earning the bonus award miles
  4. Your invitation code is: xxxxxxx
  5. When your friends register for the promotion with the correct invitation code, you'll get a confirmation email.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
After a long drought
Note that there's a second version of this promo, with an additional 1,000 miles for both the referrer and referee. It's currently in another thread, but may get merged.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ral-bonus.html
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:37 pm

For once I was included in a target offer...good stuff. If there is anyone out there that's not a MP member yet, has travel coming up and wants to take advantage of the bonus for themselves as well PM me an invitation code.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
I received the email too, but mine only has (In other Words, no bonus for just signing up).

You earn: 2,000 bonus award miles when a friend completes a paid, qualifying trip on United® or United Express®

Each friend earns: 5,000 bonus award miles for completing a paid, qualifying trip on United or United Express
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
I received the email too, but mine only has (In other Words, no bonus for just signing up).
That's the one WineCountryUA posted in the other thread. The URL is different (mgmb instead of mgma).
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
@:-) Why not just team up with a CO member here on FT as ultimately the programs will be merged anyways, including all bonuses? I'm not condoning it, just saying
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P, A|Club G, DL SM, SPG G
Originally Posted by denCSA
@:-) Why not just team up with a CO member here on FT as ultimately the programs will be merged anyways, including all bonuses? I'm not condoning it, just saying
Got the email as well, and this is the most brilliant idea. I would definitely offer my code to anybody who wanted to run this.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:24 pm

I'm about to create an account and fly ... if anyone wants to PM an invitation code ...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
If anyone needs a referral code after those that have already posted have ran out feel free to PM me.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The offer I received is below:

Dear Mr. FriendlySkies,

As a member of Mileage Plus®, you've been enjoying the opportunity to earn award miles by flying, renting cars, staying at hotels, dining out, shopping and even watching movies. Now there's another way to earn award miles quickly — just tell your friends about Mileage Plus.

The more friends you refer, the larger the bonus you'll receive — up to 10,000 bonus award miles if five friends join and fly.

Better yet, your friends will earn bonus miles too.

You Earn
2,000 bonus award miles when a friend completes a paid, qualifying trip on United® or United Express®

Each Friend Earns
5,000 bonus award miles for completing a paid, qualifying trip on United or United Express
I like this program!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I got it too.... but sadly have no friend left that are not MP members.

So... If anyone wants to refer a referral, to be refered
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:41 am

Looks like the better offer is pretty rare. If anyone wants to sign up with the extra 1,000 miles, just drop me a PM...
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by kingsubbu

You earn: 2,000 bonus award miles when a friend completes a paid, qualifying trip on United® or United Express®

Got this one too. Anyone want a free 5000 miles just let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.