Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Are there any out there for opening new accounts? I would do a search, but it's down.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:24 pm
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Might be for 1Ks only, but

I got this with the 1K kit today: www.united.com/mgm
Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

" Thank you for your interest,
you are not qualified to refer friends."

Thanks anyways.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:31 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
dspringer28:

I sent you a Private Message regarding referrals--- mine referral offer was targeted.... new Mileage Plus members that fly by 6/30/2005 earn 3,000 bonus miles in addition to regular miles earned for those that sign-up through this targeted referral offer.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
May I refer you?

If anyone is looking to be referred, please let me know via PM.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:46 am

Try this:
www.bonusmilesmpgr55.com/member

I'm a Uk member though. Not sure if this will affect you

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Offer valid from 1 February 2005 through 30 June 2005. Sponsor may earn 2,000 bonus miles for the first paid, qualifying round-trip flight made by each enrolled referral up to 8,000 bonus miles total for the maximum four qualifying referrals. Offer valid for qualifying paid, published fares. Offer not valid on the following fare types: United Economy® (S, T or L), Internet-only fares, companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA or any non published fares. Round-trip travel is required. A round-trip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express or Ted. Open jaw or circle trip itineraries do not qualify. E-Ticket(SM) purchase is required. Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express and Ted and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.

Enrolees, who are not currently Mileage Plus members, may earn bonus one time for a maximum of 3,000 bonus miles upon enrolling in the Mileage Plus programme. To qualify for the bonus miles, enrolees must enrol in the Mileage Plus programme within 30 days of the referral. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite and class-of-service bonuses. Qualifying flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify for this offer. Offer valid for recipients of this e-mail only. Offer not valid for employees of United, Mileage Plus or their affiliates. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus miles are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus programme. Please allow 6–8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your Mileage Plus account. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus programme, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus programme, visit www.united.com. (MPGR55)

Last edited by ramraideruk; Feb 11, 2005 at 6:48 am
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by mswtravels
If anyone is looking to be referred, please let me know via PM.
after mswtravels gets one, if anybody looking to be referred I got the offer in an e-mail today. PM me
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ramraideruk
Try this:
www.bonusmilesmpgr55.com/member
or you could PM ME and I'll refer you happily!

I'm a Uk member though. Not sure if this will affect you

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Offer valid from 1 February 2005 through 30 June 2005. Sponsor may earn 2,000 bonus miles for the first paid, qualifying round-trip flight made by each enrolled referral up to 8,000 bonus miles total for the maximum four qualifying referrals. Offer valid for qualifying paid, published fares. Offer not valid on the following fare types: United Economy® (S, T or L), Internet-only fares, companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA or any non published fares. Round-trip travel is required. A round-trip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express or Ted. Open jaw or circle trip itineraries do not qualify. E-Ticket(SM) purchase is required. Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express and Ted and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.

Enrolees, who are not currently Mileage Plus members, may earn bonus one time for a maximum of 3,000 bonus miles upon enrolling in the Mileage Plus programme. To qualify for the bonus miles, enrolees must enrol in the Mileage Plus programme within 30 days of the referral. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite and class-of-service bonuses. Qualifying flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify for this offer. Offer valid for recipients of this e-mail only. Offer not valid for employees of United, Mileage Plus or their affiliates. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus miles are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus programme. Please allow 6–8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your Mileage Plus account. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus programme, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus programme, visit www.united.com. (MPGR55)
Old Dec 26, 2006, 8:37 pm

Exclamation Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP via mpfriends.com" Thread[Merged]

I want to refer 5 friends to get their first MP membership. Previously there have been offers for both the existing and new member to get some bonus miles. The only info I had this year was for flights before Dec 31.
My friends are flying in early January. Any clues are to how I can sign them up ?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
There are numerous topics on this already - you may want to search to see all results.

My experience which is consistent with many others has been as follows:

I referred my friends on the "http://www.mpfriends.com" (as instructed by United), at which time my friends received a new MP#. However, the United.com website does not recognize the MP# when they try to book their reservations. I contacted the web support, waited on the phone for over 30 mins... finally to be told, "Sir, that is not a valid MP#, please re-register." Weeks and months go by but the MP# is never recognized - this happened to all 3 of my referrals.

The funny thing is I ended up receiving 250 RDMs per referral 6 weeks later, even though the MP# still cannot be used/ is invalid according to UA reservation system.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:38 pm

I tried once on that referal stuff. The account created by that way has blank field in name field. It took me some calls to have that sorted out, as we started to use that account number without a valid name. Well, another great feature for .bomb.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 7:55 am

Exclamation promo is dead

The refer-a-friend promo is dead

https://www.mpfriends.com/ is giving me a error message
"Error: Page Expired! Please try again later."
Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:58 am

the mpfriends link still works for me...

"Offer valid for Mileage Plus enrolment and paid, qualifying travel completed from 10 January through 31 December, 2007... Sponsor may earn 250 miles once referral enrols in Mileage Plus (up to four referrals) and an additional 1,000 miles after referral’s first paid, qualifying, round-trip flight on United, United Express® or Ted... Referral receives 3,000 miles with Mileage Plus enrolment"
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
mpfriends.com - referral bonus (measly)

Just got an e-mail. http://p.p0.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessa...38kGci11l9xTt-
  • For each signup - get 250 miles.
  • After referral completes one RT (Ted, UA, UX) - get 1000 miles. Qualifying booking classes : F, A, P, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W
Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Jeez. These referral bonuses get stingier each time. I wonder why they even bother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.