Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: ac elite, ua pre exc, ic plat, hh diamond
Bonus mile from referral

Last year there was a promotion in which you get some free miles by referring others to fly UA. Is there anything similar this year?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by kenwood33
Last year there was a promotion in which you get some free miles by referring others to fly UA. Is there anything similar this year?
yes, but I can't recall the web address....maybe someone else can provide that
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mpfriends.com. There seems to be a thread about this every week now.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
mpfriends.com. There seems to be a thread about this every week now.
Uh, more like every 2-3 days. I posted this same URL in another thread only 2 days ago. These threads should be merged, and moreover, the info should go into the FAQ.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
I also just referred a friend who will be traveling next month on UA. The website seems to still work. We'll see if it really does...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sggolf
Tried to refer someone just before they left on their flight. So far, the MP number is not even active on united.com and they've taken their first flight already. Has anyone else had the same problem?
YES!! I have referred three people who fbought a ticket and flew after they got a MP #, used the MP# when they bought the ticket and the MP number is invalid and I haven't seen a single referral mile.

They flew on Q fares or higher.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
are we sure this is legitimate? The address isn't registered to united
I'd say it's a good chance. Only large corporations waste money by using register.com...
Old May 22, 2007, 8:41 am

Referral Bonus for MP

My kids and I am going to fly to BOM in a couple of weeks. My daughter is not a MP member. Is there any promotion going on for people to sign up for MP program and fly or anyone referring a new member and get any referrel bonus ? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
www.mpfriends.com
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:53 pm

New MP Member Promo/Bonus

Does anyone know of a promo or bonus for signing up new members. I am going on a flight with my kids next week and wanted to get them signed up but was hoping for some kind of promo or bonus for referral or first timers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out mpfriends.com.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:59 pm

It used to be a 5000 mile bonus, but I don't know if that is still existing. I used to get these MP blank cards where I can sign up somebody and he had automatically a temporary card and I got the miles.
But as I didn't receive those for quiet a few years. So I don't know if that is still existing. Sorry
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Check out mpfriends.com.
Allright, so its still there.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:49 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tip.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by rdong002
Does anyone know of a promo or bonus for signing up new members. I am going on a flight with my kids next week and wanted to get them signed up but was hoping for some kind of promo or bonus for referral or first timers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi

Yes there is currently a refer a friend promo which would be great for you (well I was invited to do this and I live in Australia - hopefully its for the US as well). You refer 4 friends (aka Kids) and if they enrol and fly they get 3000 miles and for referring (when they enrol, you get 250 miles per kid/member) and if they fly I think (check on website) you will get bonus miles around 1000 for each person who flys.

A word of warning: for some reason it says on the refer email, make sure you include your referring friend's details, but when your friend actually enrols there is no where on the enrolment form for them to list you as the referee!!! Worse still (which wont apply to you if you are flying soon) they do not tell your friends one of the conditions, which is they must enrol within 30 days of you referring them or by 12/31/07 whichever comes first!

I have been caught out on this and have taken it up with UA MP but got the stock standard "thanks for your loyalty" and a reworded blurb on the conditions - they missed the point entirely which was that is was not cool to be getting us to refer friends and not making it really clear in the referral email to our friends where they can put your name (so you get the points) and that there is a time limit to enrol for the miles - it actually says they have until end December, 2007 - which is not actually the case if you referred them now (they have 30 days from your invitation to enrol). One of my friends had to write in to explain all of this and include her new MP number - then I got my miles, but I have 3 friends outstanding and MP have not credited (I am still hopeful)

Anyway good luck with it

Last edited by Downunder girl; Jul 6, 2007 at 5:14 am Reason: to make the info clearer :)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.