Community
Wiki Posts
Search

60 miles short of 1K: cheapest solution?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:38 am

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is there more to be said on the poster's original question: "My question is: what is the cheapest way I can get the 60 miles?"

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Just that if OP is looking to make a micro-MR for the minimum 500x2, then he should use the FareCompare custom FT search named in the main MR sticky rather than guessing destinations. I've put his parameters in at
http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...0&sortby=Price

As of this writing, the "cheapest" destination from SEA *on UA* is... BOIse 7dayadv at 98 (139 all in). But since that's along day via SFO, then GEG - listing at 129 (actually 119/all in 149 on 14 day on .bomb) and easy to turn around may be better.

So any option under $139/$149 in cost (such as an add-a-leg rebooking with no more than $39/$49 fare increase) is cheaper than adding a trip.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is there more to be said on the poster's original question: "My question is: what is the cheapest way I can get the 60 miles?"

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Sorry, people shouldn't give bad advice here. Don't do anything is not helpful.
Back on topic.
Re examine your travel on the mileage summary. You may have been shorted.
Can you do a SEA-PDX still?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheapest Solution

to the OP: First of all I'd go very diligently thru all my YTD flights, double checking if all posted correctly, especially re qualifying partner flights. 1 miss-credited flight should easily get you the extra 60 miles.

I happen just last week to "find" over 3000 missing miles this way!
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:55 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
deleted
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1k
65 miles short of premier exec. What are my options?

Hi fellow travelers,
I have an scheduled trip planned in the end of the year and now I am 65 miles short of 1k based on the way travel is laid out. What are my options? Is the choices promo still valid and will it post before the end of the possibility as well.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Everything you need to know is in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ms-status.html
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:13 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Everything you need to know is in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ms-status.html
As this is an older thread, lets follow this topic in the thread referenced in the previous post.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.