Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best UA First Suite Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Best UA First Suite Aircraft?

so i have to fly on united in the F cabin and i was wondering whis cabin is best,772(its FRA-ORD so dont know if its the new cabin),744 or 763

pros,cons of the 4 cabins?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 21, 2011 at 1:31 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flyr89
so i have to fly on united in the F cabin and i was wondering whis cabin is best,772(its FRA-ORD so dont know if its the new cabin),744 or 763

Tons of threads on this topic. Just look in this forum more.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
1A/K on the 744 are the best seats on any UA plane IMO
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
I'm sure many people would consider the seats above 1A/K to be the best on the plane...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Just avoid the 777 because you never know if a config switch will happen. I would pick between 763 and 747 only based on schedule convenience, the seat and service is the same on the two aircrafts.

If you are allowed to select a LH flight instead, you might also consider that as a good alternative for a FRA-ORD flight. Great First Class terminal in FRA, (much) better food and wines, both on the ground and on board, no consensus on seat comfort for sleeping for LH vs UA (search for other threads), but it is a day flight... IFE is most likely a win for UA (but no experiences with refurbished LH first).
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
I'm sure many people would consider the seats above 1A/K to be the best on the plane...
There are no seats above 1A/1K. Those seats are actually in front of the pilot and copilot seats.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Flyr89

1K on the 767 on an international flight. It's like your own private cabin: A wall separates you from the center seats, and 2K is the pilot rest seat.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by wxguy
1K on the 767 on an international flight. It's like your own private cabin: A wall separates you from the center seats, and 2K is the pilot rest seat.
My favorite seat in the entire fleet!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Like many folks at FT, I have my favorite F and C seat on each of the various aircraft UA flies.

But in regards to the F cabin, I prefer the 747 (specifically, seat 1A). I like the "closed" cabin in the pointy end, which is probably why I like seat 1A. No one walks thru -- but that can be a problem is the FAs do not undertake walking tours to replenish drinks. (It's funny, tho, that I like the F cabin of LH's A340.)

My sister, however, prefers the open feel of the 777.

Originally Posted by docbert
I was going to say ...
Originally Posted by planemechanic
There are no seats above 1A/1K. Those seats are actually in front of the pilot and copilot seats.
...but someone beat me to it! The 747 is the only aircraft on which the pilots are not the first ones to arrive at any airport; several of the pax in Zone A arrive first.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:54 am

Also what lounge do you get to use in FRA if your flying first class,and can you also waitlist on the LH flight of just check and see if its available to change to it?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
If you are heading out of FRA on UA F, you will be able to access any of the Senator Lounges. However, for the lounge closest to your departure gate, you will head upstairs to the level for US flights and use the Tower Lounge. (You can not use the LH F lounges, as they are reserved for LH pax only.)

No, you can not waitlist for LH F .... but if you are on a full fare ticket, you can try to re-book.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
F cabin on the 767 is the best F cabin in the fleet, period. No bad seats for solo travelers.

Originally Posted by planemechanic
Humor challenged this time of year?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
Completely agree with this, the nose of any 747 is the place to be!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:48 am

So i just rebooked to a LHR - ORD on the 767 to stay away from the 777 and the old seats,same question goes what lounge can you use in london and how long can you stay at the arrivals lounge in ORD?

Last edited by pmlflyer; Dec 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.