Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2006, 5:42 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott, Hilton Gold. Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
Yeah, well I guess that Saturday nights aren't good either. Freakin' My Itin and E-Upgr Summ are both down, yet again. As a matter of fact, they have been down a lot this week. Why, oh why, must we put up with it.....
If you asked me I could just switch to phone reservations... oh wait.. I have to pay $10 for it... what a piece of crap..
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I need to change my next two reservations including a flight tonight, and the itineraries is down. Considering the freaking call center has botched things up the last two times I've called, I don't have a lot of faith they can help me now.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:53 pm

What a joke. This has been going on since this morning at least for me.

Mileage summary

We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.

Create itinerary

We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.

Yep, UAUA has a chance after it's IPO. It's kind of hard to be profitable when nobody can book flights. UAUA will go down the tubes after the execs are rich no doubt about it.

c.d.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:05 pm

It gets better. I am trying to book 4 tickets for some of my employee's and since I couldn't get them booked on UAL.bomb I called the 1P number to book. The very nice US based csr told me that her computer was down for the 3rd time today and that she couldn't help me and could I call back in 15 or 20 minutes.

I guess that India IT support isn't working out quite as planned. You get what you pay for I guess.

Anyway, the net result $2600.00 goes to AA.

c.d
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:19 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
This really says it all:

Originally Posted by Vpoker_man

Anyway, the net result $2600.00 goes to AA.

c.d
Interestingly, I just received a survey from United.com support asking for my feedback. I directed them to this thread.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:39 pm

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
UAL.bomb...

So I'm trying to book ORD-SAT for early May. Found some decent fares on Thursday and decided to go for it.

Only problem is that UAL.bomb can't seem to find me a direct flight and only presents me with limited connecting choices via DEN (which would be fine if the fares were good).

Thought maybe the direct flights were killed off, but the electronic timetable shows the direct flights.

I've checked Travelocity and my company's online booking engine and both find me cheap direct flights or cheaper connecting flights.

I'm in no hurry to book, but I'd like to grab a good fare when I see one.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Two months and three phone calls, becuase I cannot create on online profile for my wife, she already has an account with miles in it. People on the phone say they have no idea when the website will be fixed, they cannot help, and they have been aware of the issue for months.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:01 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
This I see as a serious problem.

On united.com I used the "My Mileage Plus" link and then clicked the log on link. It brought me to the My Mileage Plus account for someone else, showing their account balances, etc.

I called web support and they suggested that I close the browser and log in again from the home page this time (we all know that means nothing to subsequent pages, but I digress). I did and logged into my account summary. I used the link to "My Mileage Plus" again and despite the fact that I was shown as Logged In, it brought me to the same page--not my account.

Web support said they will refer this to customer service! Huh? They are only there to help people navigate the site.

I wouldn't be too thrilled to know that any random person could be looking at my mileage plus account, how about y'all?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Well a new one for me at least from the bomb. Trying to book an evening flight from MSP to YYZ and back. Well apparently if you search by schedule there are no flights from MSP-XXX-YYZ that leave after 1pm. same for the return. It gives you the same flights regardless of what actual times you request. I put in 7PM for both directions and only get offered flights that leave at 6am 7am 8am 11am and a 4 connection one leaving at 1pm . If you do a search by price it shows you the later flights, but of course not the complete set that you want. Apparantly the time option flag isn't working.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:47 pm

There's definitely something goofy with the search engine that seems to be quite variable in presenting results lately. I finally got the ORD-SAT route to work properly (getting ORD-DEN-SAT for the EQMs and EQS), but then I tried to get ORD-MCI. That one had some really creative routings (ORD-IND-DEN-MCI), which would have been interesting for a MR (although real expensive). I was able to get the right flights to show by doing a search by schedule in this case (that didn't work for a while with ORD-SAT).

Somehow, I can't believe that UA would let this issue go for any amount of time. If you can't book your flight quickly, you're going to go someplace else in a hurry.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
This I see as a serious problem.

On united.com I used the "My Mileage Plus" link and then clicked the log on link. It brought me to the My Mileage Plus account for someone else, showing their account balances, etc.
Dumb and obvious question... was this on a shared PC? (public use, corporate visitor PC, Internet cafe, etc.)

I realize that this is one of those Help Desk 101 kinda questions ("Is your computer plugged in?), but the obvious cause that is not related to UA.bomb would be a prior user who didn't log out and clear their cookies. The UAL.bomb problem would be cross-linked tables in the database and that is a major mess.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by p1cunnin
Dumb and obvious question... was this on a shared PC? (public use, corporate visitor PC, Internet cafe, etc.)

I realize that this is one of those Help Desk 101 kinda questions ("Is your computer plugged in?), but the obvious cause that is not related to UA.bomb would be a prior user who didn't log out and clear their cookies. The UAL.bomb problem would be cross-linked tables in the database and that is a major mess.
Nope. My computer; only user. That was the freaky part. BTW they did ask that when I called their tech help number.

Today, however, I get my own page.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1 MM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
happened to me on my ONT-LAX-JFK-LAX-ONT flight this week. I got to JFK ok, but when I tried to check in for my return, the ticket had been 'zeroed' out.

Apparently the GA forgot to actually check me in on the ONT-LAX leg (online checkin and no bar code scanner at the UX gate in ONT) after I actually had boarded so it appeared to the system that I hadn't actually got on the plane.

I think that's why this big guy comes up to me on the p.s. flight saying I was in his seat which was 9D (even though I had 9D on my boarding pass).

The GA at JFK was superb and sorted it for me, so she got a GTEM ticket from me, even though my upgrade didn't clear on the way back to LAX.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Mileage summary pages seem to be down right now. I get a "connection refused" error message whenever I try to login and go to the Mileage Summary page.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by hockeyguy
Mileage summary pages seem to be down right now. I get a "connection refused" error message whenever I try to login and go to the Mileage Summary page.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
Just checked and it seems to be a problem for "full flight search" and "award travel", too. Basically, it looks like anything that requires an MP login doesn't work. Tried it with two different browsers, too -- no luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.