Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
Ok this mandatory paramater check thing is getting out of hand. I have tried litteraly everything I can think of to get into to the site. cleared the cache, cleared the history, shut down the browser, rebooted the computer, and still cannot get into the site. And still I get the mandatory paramater check. I need to book some flights, that cause the call center (I always end up in India) to go nuts. does United actually want our money or not? ok I feel a little better now.
Have you tried logging out using the "Log out" link on any of the pages? When I've seen this error before, I've generally been able to fix it by logging out explicitly. It seems to me that the system gets in some sort of mixed-up stage where you're sort of logged in, but not really.

Now that I've said this, I can't get into the site at all right now. Every time I try to do anything, I get a page that says:

Code:
An error has occurred. Please return to the previous page and refresh it.
The URL generated by the previous page may be corrupted, or the page it has requested does not exist. You may need to return to the home page and start over.
Hopefully, this is because they're doing some site maintenance, maybe to clear up some of the "Mandatory parameter check" problems -- ok, I doubt that's it, but we can always dream.

In any case, I have a couple suggestions for you:

1) Try another browser.
2) Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.

- Paul
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:00 pm

I got "Mandatory parameter check" all day this morning, and can not see my mileage history. Guys, is there a way to by pass this annoying check?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:41 am

Programs: Marriott Silver; Hilton Silver
Grr....I'm trying to check-in online and I'm getting a "HAL interface error" I didn't really want my free 500 miles nor want to leave a little bit later for the airport.

It didn't work in Firefox or Explorer. Could it be sleeping at 03:40 EDT??
Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by shapscpa
Grr....I'm trying to check-in online and I'm getting a "HAL interface error" I didn't really want my free 500 miles nor want to leave a little bit later for the airport.

It didn't work in Firefox or Explorer. Could it be sleeping at 03:40 EDT??
Me too. I didn't know that HAL was working for united nowadays.

HAL interface error
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:03 am

Programs: Marriott Silver; Hilton Silver
Working now at 04:00 EDT...<phew> "easy" 500 miles, thank yoU!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:16 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Me too. I didn't know that HAL was working for united nowadays.

HAL interface error
Same here in BKK imposibble to log in on US web-site.. HAL must be very popular..Even tried Singapore UA same stuff,HAL.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:44 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhh!

Put a reservation to PVR on hold last night.
Went to book this morning, got all the way through everything then went to click "Purchase" and got the following:

Code:
We Can't Price/Book This Itinerary  
We had trouble pricing or completing your reservation for the following reason: 
Unknown error code 105 

Please try double checking all your information, and/or rebuilding your itinerary. If you continue to have problems, please let us know. 

Thanks!
I'm trying to give you money and you won't let me, you as$holes!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent, I feel a little better
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:32 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

The rant continues....

[Continuation of rant]

Tried to rebook online - got the same problem again.
Tried to make a new reservation - got all the way to the purchase screen - and then United.bomb decided it wasn't available anymore (even though it was showing T9 for all flights)

Next we call United.bomb support.
She claims that I didn't put my cc number in, like it's MY fault!! Are you kidding me? Anyways, she pushed it through somehow.

Now I go to check My Itineraries to make sure it's correct and first I get the
Mandatory Paramater Check
now it's showing:
Code:
 Error   
Error 

We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.
And these guys are EMERGING from bankruptcy???

What a joke!!!

[/Continuation of rant]
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
I may have just figured out when you will get the mandatory paramater check and when you won't get it.

First of all the techies say the only way to avoid this issue is to clear all cookies and temp files prior to accessing the UAL site each time. This absolutely stinks as I loose all the cookies I have from other sites that make my day easier. I really wish that it wasn't this cookie dependency, but it seems to be. One of the cookies left by United.bomb basically makes the site think you are logged in when you are not. Thus when you "login" the cookie blocks the transmission of the login info back to united and you get the mandatory parameter check error. (or so says united.bomb tech support)

However, I have found if you type in the www.ual.com website and it doesn't forward you to www.united.com then you won't have the issue. If it forwards you to www.united.com then you are more likely than not to have the issue.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:13 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
I may have just figured out when you will get the mandatory paramater check and when you won't get it.

First of all the techies say the only way to avoid this issue is to clear all cookies and temp files prior to accessing the UAL site each time. This absolutely stinks as I loose all the cookies I have from other sites that make my day easier. I really wish that it wasn't this cookie dependency, but it seems to be. One of the cookies left by United.bomb basically makes the site think you are logged in when you are not. Thus when you "login" the cookie blocks the transmission of the login info back to united and you get the mandatory parameter check error. (or so says united.bomb tech support)

However, I have found if you type in the www.ual.com website and it doesn't forward you to www.united.com then you won't have the issue. If it forwards you to www.united.com then you are more likely than not to have the issue.
I believe you are correct.
United.com needs to fix its cookies so that this isn't a problem. That can't be so hard to do!!
I too am admittedly dependent on other cookies and hate to empty the cache.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I too am admittedly dependent on other cookies and hate to empty the cache.
You can always just remove the UA cookies alone, assuming your browser offers some way to do so. I would never totally clear cookies, as I have hundreds of sites' logins, etc, stored.

However, even having to remove one site's cookies is a ludicrous requirement caused by a deranged, incompetent IT staff.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Tried to price a multi-city itin and it repeatedly times out just prior to pricing. This happens in Mozilla and IE, before and after I've cleared IE cookies and temp files and rebooted. Note this is a 5-seg itin outbound, but only 3 segs returning, and it allowed me to select the correct flights without a problem. There's also a 30-min connection but it's internal to one united.com leg and it allowed this too.

After awhile in Mozilla, a box pops up saying "there is no data in this field." In IE, it reverts to page not found.

What's up?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:37 am

System is down/busy error message currently appearing.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K; F9 Summit
Originally Posted by SealBeach
System is down/busy error message currently appearing.
I think they try and use "slow times" to do updates or fix problems. Saturday mornings are never a good time to visit the bomb.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by ozweepay
Saturday mornings are never a good time to visit the bomb.
Yeah, well I guess that Saturday nights aren't good either. Freakin' My Itin and E-Upgr Summ are both down, yet again. As a matter of fact, they have been down a lot this week. Why, oh why, must we put up with it.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.