Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:53 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

I am trying to upgrade someone elses PNR with a SWU. The only choice in the drop down box is a Paper Swstemwide? What gives?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:05 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by auh2o
I am trying to upgrade someone elses PNR with a SWU. The only choice in the drop down box is a Paper Swstemwide? What gives?
Call the 1K desk (or the line for whatever status you have).
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by auh2o
I am trying to upgrade someone elses PNR with a SWU. The only choice in the drop down box is a Paper Systemwide? What gives?
This is a known bug in the online upgrade process. My past theory was that it only occurs when you are using your last SWU. I doubt that this is the case as this is the begining of the year.

In the past I was told by ual.com support to select the paper choice and then call them and they would change it over to take it out of your account. YMMV
Old Jan 7, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Gah.. Keep trying to access my Mileage Summary and all I get is this:

"Mandatory parameter check"

What the heck is that supposed to mean?!
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Down again. I'm currently trying to price tickets and check my mileage balance. All I get for both is:

** Our site is currently unavailable. Please visit us again. **

I'm really starting to regret my decision to switch from AS. Perhaps CO or AA would be willing to allow me to buy a ticket on their website. UA apparently doesn't need the money.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Upgrades are being redeposited into my account as they clear...

Not a problem so much for me as for them...
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: UAL Gold Million-Mile
Firefox no good for Apply upgrade

At ual.com:
Home > Planning travel > Apply for Upgrades

The submit button is missing from the bottom of the screen in Firefox v1.0 and v1.7.

To request my upgrade, I had to start up Mozilla, where the button appears across from the "Return to View Itinerary" link.
They are apparently using an HTML anchor with an image for a button rather than a standard HTML button control.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Angry Printing Mileage Summary

I, and I imagine many others, like to print an end of year copy of my Mileage Summary. I noticed this morning when attempting to do so that the new screen format intorduced last fall is not very printer friendly as (with IE) it takes the horizontal tabs across the top of the summary and prints them stacked and expanded down the left side. Wouldn't be so bad if it filled a whole page that could then be discarded (or not selected for printing), but the actual summary starts about an inch from the bottom of the first page. Landscape format is better in that the first page can then be discarded, but the summary is long and narrow so it doesn't make very good use of the page.

The summaries I printed last year didn't have this problem, so it is a "new improvement." You'd think web designers would actually try common operations with their sites, like printing. Ideal (and not a big challenge) would be a "Printer Friendly Version" button that would deliver a suitable for printing version, either html or pdf.

Last edited by Portolan; Jan 14, 2006 at 7:12 am
Old Jan 14, 2006, 3:54 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Here's a new one:

The Award Travel schedule shows different aircraft than on the timetable

Specific example:
July 4th ORD-SEA

Award Travel shows a 3-class 777, timetable shows an A320.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

Looks like another incarnation of their untested crap from a week or two ago has been unleashed. If I try to log in to my mileage summary from the home page I get to a page headed "Mileage summary" which says:
Mandatory parameter check
or I get to a page headed "Error" which says:
We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Looks like another incarnation of their untested crap from a week or two ago has been unleashed. If I try to log in to my mileage summary from the home page I get to a page headed "Mileage summary" which says:

or I get to a page headed "Error" which says:
This have been since they upated it. You must log out and then log in to be able to see your mileage summary. One of those weird United.bomb features I guess/
Old Jan 16, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
This have been since they upated it. You must log out and then log in to be able to see your mileage summary. One of those weird United.bomb features I guess/
Not that simple. If I log out first, I get the "error" page. If it recognises me as logged in, I get the "mandatory parameter check" page. If I'm logged in and go to some other part of the site (eg. e-upgrades) and then go back to mileage summary, it works!

From that, I assume they are totally screwing up some cookie setting. (Though even deleting all ua cookies didn't fix it.) Just a guess, but probably something non-standard and incompetent that works in IE.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
United.com continues to hate Firefox.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Anyone else getting this message?

Code:
We Can't Price/Book This Itinerary
We had trouble pricing or completing your reservation for the following reason:
Reservation system internal error - cannot price this itinerary, please try a different flight.

Please try double checking all your information, and/or rebuilding your itinerary. If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Ok this mandatory paramater check thing is getting out of hand. I have tried litteraly everything I can think of to get into to the site. cleared the cache, cleared the history, shut down the browser, rebooted the computer, and still cannot get into the site. And still I get the mandatory paramater check. I need to book some flights, that cause the call center (I always end up in India) to go nuts. does United actually want our money or not? ok I feel a little better now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.