Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by cas_de
Well I had two P Segments last week and when I calculated my EQM/EQS numbers it seemed that they credited with 750 miles / 1.5 segments per flight, hence matching CO's rules. This supports your typo theory.
P? That shows as 100% EQM / 1 EQS... ?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:44 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by qasr
P? That shows as 100% EQM / 1 EQS... ?
If you look at CO crediting LH flights they treat Y, B and P as premium economy fares. Same as LH's Miles And More:

Y, B and P (within Germany) 1000 miles + 25% exec bonus (status miles, btw) if are you either FTL, SEN or HON.

I'll take the miles just as they were posted
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by qasr
EC: N,E,R,X,I,O - 0% / 0% (Are these even bookable?)
Yup. E is for steep-discount intra-EU LH. It's the cheapest LH booking class and I rarely see it available, it is sold out so quickly. The rest are award or non-rev classes.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:21 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Y posts w/1.5 EQS and 750 EQM (domestic flights w/in Germany).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:28 am

Programs: 1K, UA 2 MM
70% Elite miles now on UA/SAA Code Share Economy Flights

I noticed on the Mileage Plus web site that UA/SAA code share flights provide 100% Award Miles but only 70% Elite miles for economy (most classes). I have always received 100% Award and Elite miles so it seems this is an unannounced very recent change. My wife will not be happy as she will end up about 6000 miles short of 1K this year. MR coming up I guess.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:26 am

See earnings on *A partners thread

Others have noticed this recently over in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ated-10-a.html

I'm almost positive when I booked my flights a few months ago it listed economy as earning 100% EQM. It's unusual that they didn't note the changes. Also CO has it listed as most economy fares still earning 100%. I have SAA codeshare coming up on the third, I'll let you know of my results. I'm just hoping this is a typo, as it will slightly delay my journey to 1K as well.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
Do changes in fares and the change fee accrue miles and EQM on the UA MP card? I changed a return leg and this resulted in an additional charge in the fare as well as the $250 fee to change the ticket. Do either charges accrue MP or EQMs?

Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:06 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Do changes in fares and the change fee accrue miles and EQM on the UA MP card? I changed a return leg and this resulted in an additional charge in the fare as well as the $250 fee to change the ticket. Do either charges accrue MP or EQMs?

Yes, you will earn full RDM's & EQM's if a UA ticket if it is a mileage earning fare bucket but if a partner, it depends on the partner's rules.

United

Partners
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: United 1P, Hilton Honors Silver
Full EQMs on Star Alliance Flights?

Apologies if this is a basic question. I'm short about 10,000 miles to qualify for United Premier Executive. I am planning a trip to India this December on Turkish Airlines, a Star Alliance member. The trip will cover close to 11,000 miles total. I'll be booking on the Turkish Airlines website. Will all those miles qualify as EQMs, thereby pushing me to PE before the end of the year?

Thanks for the help!

Rish
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
Yes, they do. You can see on the United "Earn Miles" page for Turkish Airlines that you earn an EQM per mile flown (hence the 100% in the EQM column), as long as your booking code isn't X, I, O, R, or N.

(You can, by the way, find details on booking codes and whatnot for all partner and alliance airlines here.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
it will depend on your booking class. but most should earn you 100%

for details on turkish airways: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html

Class of service Booking class Award miles1 Elite status miles/segments1
First F A 150% 100%
Business C D J Z 125% 100%
Economy Y B M K H S E Q V U W G T L P 100% 100%
No Mileage Credit X I O R N 0% 0%
for details on all partners: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ated-10-a.html
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Prez; Former UA GS
Check United's site for details

It totally depends on what fare class you purchase.

Looks good though... Just make sure your Mileage Plus number is on the reservation and that your name exactly matches your MP account (otherwise the miles won't credit).

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html

Last edited by agarc; Nov 4, 2010 at 9:04 pm Reason: additional text
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1P, Hilton Honors Silver
First, thanks to the moderator for merging my post to the appropriate section. I'm clearly new to FlyerTalk but am now completely addicted to this site.

agarc, RandomTaiwanese, and Shigernafy - thank you for the information. I feel much more comfortable about making this purchase. I would have hated to spend this kind of money and not even achieve PE as a result.

One more question: how can I identify the booking code before purchase? The Turkish Airlines website says the fare type is "Economy Promotional" (i.e., no rerouting or refunds) but does not list a code for the flights.

Hope to one day become as experienced as you guys and dole out the advice to the newcomers...
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by msmith387
Just noticed this last night too, I'm positive when I booked a flight back in August for November travel I checked to make sure I would get 100% EQM (otherwise I would have went with another carrier) now it says only 70%.
I booked an SAA flight back in June when it said 100% EQM. I took my flights in mid-October, after the date that the first poster initially saw the 70% change in early October. I still got 100% EQM.

Just one data point, but keep hope that you will still get 100% EQM you expected from your original booking date.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: 1K, UA 2 MM
I also just received 100% Elite credit for my and my wife's economy flight from FRA to JNB even though it specified 70% on the UA web site. That is a big deal for someone who makes that trip about 7 x per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.