Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 10:36 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hellmutt
Do you get Million Miler credit for the Lufthansa Transatlantic flights? (And does this vary depending if you book the United Flight Number vs. the Lufthansa Flight Number?)
You get MM credit for flying UA metal (only) and it can be as a code share with another airline. So a LH metal flight as a UA codeshare does not qualify.
Old May 24, 2009, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Do you get Million Miler credit for the Lufthansa Transatlantic flights?
Nein.
(And does this vary depending if you book the United Flight Number vs. the Lufthansa Flight Number?)
Nein!
Old May 28, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Shanghai Airlines

Just a note, I submitted a K fare ticket on FM for credit and received a letter back from MP Customer Service stating that these K fares on FM earn no miles.

These are special roundtrip fares (a rarity in China - most fares are one-way) between SHA-PEK. On united.com as well as this FAQ, there is no information one way or another about the K, so I thought I'd post it here.
Old May 28, 2009, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andrewwm
Just a note, I submitted a K fare ticket on FM for credit and received a letter back from MP Customer Service stating that these K fares on FM earn no miles.

These are special roundtrip fares (a rarity in China - most fares are one-way) between SHA-PEK. On united.com as well as this FAQ, there is no information one way or another about the K, so I thought I'd post it here.
Thanks. Post updated.
Old May 28, 2009, 8:20 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thanks qasr for keeping this thread updated.

A couple of additions/changes:

Austrian Airlines earning should be updated:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,2271,00.html

Also, EgyptAir, Air China and Turkish can now be added.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA PP
Great thread! I use this for booking all the time!

The Air Canada information should probably be amended according to:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1180,00.html

R,G,P,E,N,T,K allows for 50% EQM on United rather than the 0% currently stated at the beginning of the thread.
No mileage credit is actually the case for bookings in W,D
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
qasr,

First: Thanks for maintaining this thread so that all of us has a single source of reference for all our *A flying.

Second: a request...is it possible to include the Air China earning farecode information into the consolidated post on page 1 of this thread?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by lancebanyon
I generally don't trust the class that shows up on the boarding pass. I had a couple of TP flights recently where my boarding pass showed Y, but my actual fare class was different. The mileage credited per the ticketed class, not what was on my boarding pass.
I just flew TP AMS-LIS-AMS and the OLCI boarding passes just say Y. When I got them reprinted at AMS my wife's and mine said Y/V and Y/K respectively, and the MP miles were credited according to the second letter.

OTOH, we're still waiting for credit on the return legs (10 days ago), where we OLCI'd and didn't reprint at LIS.

The problem I believe results from the fact that the FF# field in the TP OLCI form only allows 10 digits, so there's no way to enter a valid MP number online.

p.s. to qasr: the TP info in post #1 needs to be updated. 100% for W and higher, 50% for discount economy.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Here are the earning rates for EgyptAir.

EgyptAir (MS)

FC: F,A,P - 150% / 100% / N/A
BC: C,D,J,Z - 125% / 100% / N/A
EC: Y,B,M,H,Q,K - 100% / 100% / N/A
Anyone have any experience with T Class MS flights between UK & Egypt?

Mark
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:53 am

I received a response from Mileage Plus regarding Egyptair.

"I have checked with our Premier Mileage Plus Service Center on your behalf. Regrettably, T and L classes are not eligible for Mileage Plus accrual on Egypt Air. K class is the lowest Egypt Air class that would allow accrual on.

Not the desired outcome, but good to know nonetheless.

Mark
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjgodden
I received a response from Mileage Plus regarding Egyptair.

"I have checked with our Premier Mileage Plus Service Center on your behalf. Regrettably, T and L classes are not eligible for Mileage Plus accrual on Egypt Air. K class is the lowest Egypt Air class that would allow accrual on.

Not the desired outcome, but good to know nonetheless.

Mark
Thanks. Added in EgyptAir and those earnings to the OP.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TG earns 100% on V and W at least on domestic flights
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1194,00.html
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
SAS domestic sweden valid (update sticky?)

After half an hour on the phone with mileage plus, and before I found this http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/N...stic/?vst=true -- we established that you *can* accrue United miles on domestic Sweden flights, but that there is no 500-minimum for elites -- so an L-fare is, indeed, good for the SAS-established minimum of 150 EQM.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interesting. There is still a note on the MP SAS page saying:

Please note: By law, the Swedish government prohibits flights within Norway to accrue frequent flier miles.
What does that mean? Does Sweden now only prohibit domestic Norwegian flights? I guess I can remove the STO-* restrictions now.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 4:00 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Seems like CO is missing from the list. And AC flights will soon get elite RDM boni.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.