Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
If one of the vouchers is in my partners name and one is in my name and the new ticket is for my partner does he still have to be present? It's just a pain for him to go to the airport, but I'm obviously there all the time.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 4:09 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Try it first and see what they say. If they insist, then ask your partner to come along.

I did try this once using my partner’s type B voucher to purchase a new ticket in his name, CSR did not say anything.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
If one of the vouchers is in my partners name and one is in my name and the new ticket is for my partner does he still have to be present?
I cannot remember if I have mixed and matched mine and my boyfriend's vouchers on only 1 ticket, with United anyway. We have made separate trips and made all sorts of separate reservations for each other though.

My suggestion is that when you give them the vouchers, make sure that the one with your name is on top. Chances are, if they are looking at names, they will only look at the first one. I have done that with paper upgrades before.

BillJ
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:38 am

Combining Type B voucer with different names?

Okay so the title says it all. Can I use Type B vouchers that were in my name, but are now in my partner's, (since they always print out in the name of the last person a ticket was issued for), with Type B vouchers that are in my name?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
I don't know what a Type B voucher is, but I had two vouchers from refared tickets for myself and my wife, and I used them both for myself on one flight. I booked over the phone, told the RA the situation, and she told me the Dearborn MI address to mail them to.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:04 am

Yes, these are also from re-fared flights, or the same type that is issued for re-fared flights, so hopefully I can combine them. Did you specifcially tell the agent that the vouchers had two different names on them?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
In the past, I've used Type B vouchers issued from a refare that were in my name, for tix for my wife or son. I've done the reverse also - use vouchers issued in my wife or son's name, against my tix.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by SF1K
Did you specifcially tell the agent that the vouchers had two different names on them?
Yes, but I did not get the impression that it mattered.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I once attempted to use two type B vouchers, one in my name, one in my wife's name (different last name), and a ticketing agent at ORD refused. She said the other person had to be there, I think (this was a year ago, my memory is hazy...) Not a big deal at the time, since she was able to use it soon enough, but it seems to depend on the agent.

The other person might write a note authorizing your use of the vouchers. (then again, that might draw attention to things...)
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Up to three type B vouchers are combinable.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=47445
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:48 pm

Type B Voucher

I volunteered my seat today, and got four $150 (total $600) type B vouchers. It was a very short flight (SFO-SBA), so I thought it's a good deal...

Q1. It says it's non combinable. Does that mean I cannot use, for example, two $150 (total $300) at the same time?

Q2. Can I still get RDM and/or EQM with the voucher?

Q3. Can I use it for any destinations where United flys?

Thank you
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:09 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
A "Type B" Voucher is considered a form of payment. You buy revenue tickets with it, and those tickets earn both EQMs and RDMs. Those tickets must be all on UA, UX, or Ted (RAR!) metal, so in effect, you are limited to the destinations served by these (no codeshare or partner flights).

The voucher(s) cannot be combined with other Type B vouchers.

You can use any number (or all) of the vouchers in the booklet in any given transaction, but you must let the agent tear them off the booklet.

Congratulations. You got the 'holy grail' in bumps.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Those tickets must be all on UA, UX, or Ted (RAR!) metal, so in effect, you are limited to the destinations served by these (no codeshare or partner flights).
In theory Though if you sound authoritative and have to explain the combineability with Type A vouchers and that the Type B are form of payment etc etc, you might slip under the radar. Last summer I managed to use these on an open jaw, including a BMI codeshare, and in conjunction with a FF 15% cert ^
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

A "Type B" Voucher is considered a form of payment. You buy revenue tickets with it, and those tickets earn both EQMs and RDMs. Those tickets must be all on UA, UX, or Ted (RAR!) metal, so in effect, you are limited to the destinations served by these (no codeshare or partner flights).

The voucher(s) cannot be combined with other Type B vouchers.

You can use any number (or all) of the vouchers in the booklet in any given transaction, but you must let the agent tear them off the booklet.

Congratulations. You got the 'holy grail' in bumps.
Wow. $600 for SFO-SBA? That's awesome. And they didn't offer the standard round trip ticket? Excellent snag!!! ^

Pretty much what WindFlyer said is the gospel. Even this GS was not allowed to use them on codeshares, but that was no biggie for me.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Those tickets must be all on UA, UX, or Ted (RAR!) metal, so in effect, you are limited to the destinations served by these (no codeshare or partner flights).
There is a workaround here. Use the voucher to buy a refundable UA ticket. Then use the UA ticket to buy any ticket you want that includes code-shares, fligths on other airlines, etc!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.