Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does this forum exist?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Why does this forum exist?

Just curious ... since the merger has been completed. What is the point of posting here (instead of the other Consolidated Forum?)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:06 pm

There are still a lot of holdover issues to be discussed and put to rest.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by JetAway
There are still a lot of holdover issues to be discussed and put to rest.
I guess, but I think it's high time to get rid of these sub-forums. At minimum, perhaps a permanent moratorium on any NEW threads in the sub-forums... only replies to older threads.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I guess, but I think it's high time to get rid of these sub-forums. At minimum, perhaps a permanent moratorium on any NEW threads in the sub-forums... only replies to older threads.
Agreed. No need for sub-forums at this point. The multiple forums have gone on long enough, and they're just tedious at this point.

And besides...WE...ARE...UNITED! Right?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no need to do away with the sub-fora; IMO, keeping them would make searching easier than if they were somehow combined into one mega-forum. At the same time, there's no need to start new threads in the sub-fora.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:14 pm

These aren't the posts you're looking for...

The force is strong with this one.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Can't the mods at least put a sticky to post NEW threads to the consolidated board??

Also can new threads be prevented while still allowing replies to old threads?

I see many threads being moved to the consolidated board BUT NO sticky on why this is happening - if intent is to move discussion to the Consolidated for new threads than sticky this in the forum! Right now it seems hap-hazard.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Originally Posted by FWAAA
There's no need to do away with the sub-fora; IMO, keeping them would make searching easier than if they were somehow combined into one mega-forum. At the same time, there's no need to start new threads in the sub-fora.
The forums (or sub-forums in this case) can be locked to prevent further posts without losing any posts or preventing them from being searched. It's pretty simple (see the USAirways forum).

I agree with the sentiment...no need for posts in these sub-forums anymore.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
I agree with the sentiment...no need for posts in these sub-forums anymore.
I disagree; there are plenty of CO-specific and UA-specific issues still outstanding which have open threads in the sub-fora (and which will inevitably be lost in the consolidated forum's blizzard of "Integration Issue #123456" threads). I could see (soon) stopping the posting of new threads, perhaps, but not the cessation of all posts.

It will also take time for the moderators to move over appropriate threads to the consolidated forum.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
+1
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
This forum exists as a place for PMUA flyers to conduct discussions regarding this disaster of a merger without being told how wrong we are by PMCO-types.

(At least that's what I wish it was for!)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
This forum exists as a place for PMUA flyers to conduct discussions regarding this disaster of a merger without being told how wrong we are by PMCO-types.

(At least that's what I wish it was for!)
As a very frequent PMUA flyer - you're wrong

United also thinks you're wrong by the way - http://hub.united.com/en-us/News/Com...em-update.aspx - the word "disaster" is nowhere to be found.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
I guess, but I think it's high time to get rid of these sub-forums.
AGREE!

MODS: One idea would be to simply move any threads that have had activity in the last couple weeks to the Consolidated thread, and delete any other threads in the sub forums? It's a whole new world out there - let's start fresh!

Also, maybe a reminder should be posted as a sticky to remind people to change their bookmarks to the consolidated forum rather than this one.

Last edited by StingWest; Mar 22, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by star_world
As a very frequent PMUA flyer - you're wrong

United also thinks you're wrong by the way - http://hub.united.com/en-us/News/Com...em-update.aspx - the word "disaster" is nowhere to be found.
Thanks for continuing to prove my point, one post at a time.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:08 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by malgudi
Just curious ... since the merger has been completed. What is the point of posting here (instead of the other Consolidated Forum?)
What forum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.