Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does this forum exist?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Much different than locking the entire forum....
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
First time in this forum in several months. Why still open?

When do you post in the premerger forum as opposed to the consolidated? I thought by now this would be a read only reference. I'm sure there is a VERY good reason but wanted to be probably the 100th to ask.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by schley
When do you post in the premerger forum as opposed to the consolidated? I thought by now this would be a read only reference. I'm sure there is a VERY good reason but wanted to be probably the 100th to ask.
I dunno, but when the mods have to start consolidating all the "Why does this forum still exist" threads into a "Why does this forum exist?" super-thread, it might be time to close the forum.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by schley
Riffing further on my existential notion posted above...

Here I am posting about you posting a complaint in a thread about posting in dead forums in a thread that hasn't had new posts in about four months??

Just sayin'
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:20 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by JetAway
There are still a lot of holdover issues to be discussed and put to rest.
You could do what I do when I see a PMUA thread which should be moved to the consolidated forum and report the thread with a suggestion to move it over. Now whether it gets moved is a horse of an entirely different color.....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe the mods are keeping the separate forums open in case the merger falls apart.

Once there are no longer sUA and sCO, at that point it might be time to discuss retiring this forum.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
This is the nice forum!

This is the forum I first go to for all things UA - pmUA, sUA, COdbaUA. My links are all set to this forum and then I navigate from here...

Threads regarding elite lines at different pmUA hub airports, what the toiletries are now in the NRT showers, etc. will likely make the jump but they would likely tend to get drowned out with all of the sturm und drang of the Consolidated forum - assuming that the bloody mess that is the new UA settles down. And there's still activity on these threads every day!

Plus, it's a bit more cordial and germane to the nuts and bolts of Mileage Plus. Much of what's on-going in the Consolidated forum are things like UA IT screwing up (again and again) and UA Insider having to put forth the "no, we're taking your miles back" post.

Besides, as I type this, there are 4 members and 91 lurkers on this forum. Over on sturm und drangville, there are 283 members + 583 lurkers = 866 pairs of eyeballs beating the crap out of each other and the current incarnation of UA ('tho yesterday the numbers were well over 1000!).

David
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
Seems like it's time to put this one to sleep forever. At least until the next merger.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
Under no circumstances should the older threads be deleted.

I think many of us still use, read, and like some of them, although they may not require updating with new posts. In addition, they provide additional means to attract new FT users when they come up in Google searches and the like.

Please, lock the forum if you wish, but don't touch those older threads! You never know when Mr. Pillows will make a reappearance, although one flight on the new United would certainly mean we'd seen the last of him forever.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.6MM, UA 1K GS 1.6MM
Why is pre-merger discussion board active

I am curious why we have not moved to the consolidated discussion board since it is now six months on. It makes it more challenging and time consuming to see if an issue has been discussed. I would suggest limiting the pre-merger board to a defined list of threads related to pre-merger issues and not allowing new threads. There continues to be a lot to talk about with the never-ending issues, so having everything on one board would be more efficient IMHO.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Cautiously optimistic that the merger will fall apart and we'll go back to how it should be?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Cautiously optimistic that the merger will fall apart and we'll go back to how it should be?
^
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Chapter 11?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Doesn't this thread belong in the pre-merger portion of the forum?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'm guessing, so that the FT forum can be as confusing and scattered as the new "United".

Heck, why does the Delta forum still have pre-merger DL and NW sub-forums after all this time (and with activity in both!)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.