Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
After you file the one on military folk being allowed to eat in the RCC

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by thumbun
Amen -- and I hope that when UA 378 from SFO to MSY is boarding on Sunday, the LCD screen flashes -- "How about that Alex Smith..."

Go Niners!!!!

(Of course, SFO doesn't have those behind the counter screens anymore like in DEN, unless you are in the Int'l terminal.)

Good for UA in Denver -- not a Broncos fan, but there is nothing wrong with civic pride and a little gloating.
i actually thought about that...i think that'd be funny.

also, UA recently stated how proud they were to fly the bears, broncos, and i forgot what other teams at hubs it was that they flew. so i see no problem with this. again, sports brings out a sense of pride about your school/city, and stuff like this makes it fun.

now, anything offensive is crossing the line. but like i said before, i wonder if pittsburgh locals will get upset over this. i think it's funny. and yes, there is a picture of the mayor "tebowing."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/01/0...-playoff-game/
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Think the guy in DEN who put up that message will have anything to say now?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
The DEN to PIT flight was on main line, I didn't think UA had any mainline flights to domestic non hubs. So at least the Steeler fans weren't stuffed in an RJ like most Bronco fans each day.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mre5765
The DEN to PIT flight was on main line, I didn't think UA had any mainline flights to domestic non hubs. So at least the Steeler fans weren't stuffed in an RJ like most Bronco fans each day.

UA mainline flies to lots of non-hub destinations..
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

well, this morning the UA employees at BOS can have some fun at the expense of Broncos fans.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by haddon90
we've turned into the "offended" society. people really need to just grow up. i think that was kinda funny and harmless at the same time. i actually would love to see more of that stuff at the hubs.
Amen, between this and other threads, people really need to suck it up and mind their own issues with some of the things people get all huffy and puffy about here.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by haddon90
we've turned into the "offended" society. people really need to just grow up. i think that was kinda funny and harmless at the same time. i actually would love to see more of that stuff at the hubs.
Agree. I can't believe we're still talking about it, and that it made yahoo as well.

I don't think we've turned into an offended society - we've become an information-overloaded one, and hence we start assuming "others" are offended when we read such news.

That's why I read FT solely for flying issues, and the NY Times for everything else.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe there will be a similar informational post for this mornings flights BOS-DEN?

How about that Te_Blow?

Go Pats.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by transpac
Maybe there will be a similar informational post for this mornings flights BOS-DEN?

How about that Te_Blow?

Go Pats.
You mean something like...

"Thanks for showing up today, unlike the Broncos last night"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.