Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN - 747-400 search question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: VAG
I estimate that of all the miles I've ever flown, something like two thirds have been on 747s. Realistically I'd rather fly something else -- they're too big, too loud, and too crowded.

But I sure will miss seeing 'em when they're all gone.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Jorgen
I estimate that of all the miles I've ever flown, something like two thirds have been on 747s. Realistically I'd rather fly something else -- they're too big, too loud, and too crowded.

But I sure will miss seeing 'em when they're all gone.

too big???
whhhhhhhaaaat?
wow

I am sorry but yea..... it is one of the best aircraft out there.

If it is a United 747 just don't fly in economy
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by garykung
DEN has no 747 service by UA.

AFAIK - the following routes are regularly served by 747:

ORD-HKG

SFO-NRT/ICN/PEK/HKG/SYD/LHR/FRA

LAX-SYD

SYD-MEL

No need - only in rare cases that 747 serves domestic routes. Otherwise, TPAC and some TATL only.
ORD-LHR is served by a 747 in the summer. Not "regularly" as in all year, but it is there all summer and early fall.....

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'm flying FRA-DEN in two weeks, and they've got it listed as a 747. When I booked in May, it was listed as an A346. Hoping to find the new F on my flight
I assume this is LH picking up a little bit of demand for nonstops from DEN-Europe. Not enough for UA to run to FRA or LHR or LH to add another FRA (or a new MUC) flight, but enough to upsize from a 346 to a 747.....

I expect this may change when Icelandair starts DEN-KEF this May.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 17, 2011 at 4:17 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.